Name Change / ID contains a prohibited word or character

by RouEight

Original Post

Re: ID contains a prohibited word or character

★ Novice

No, this doesn't happen when first changing your ID.  I've changed mine multiple times without an issue up until the past few days, where everything is either "taken" or "contains a prohibited word or character".  Seems like this is an Origin problem.

Message 40 of 207 (2,752 Views)

Re: Can't choose my account name

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Kristi Thanks for the response! I tried Balroggan, Balroggan1, and Balroggan_1, but none of them work, even after refreshing the page.

I've also posted a screencap here: http://imgur.com/SiECqba

Message 41 of 207 (2,731 Views)

EA Staff

@fysyx Thanks for that! 

I will forward this on and we will look into this issue.

As soon as I have any further info, I will let you know in this thread.

Thanks,

- Kristi

Message 42 of 207 (2,669 Views)

★★ Novice

Sounds great! Thanks again! :eahigh_file:

Message 43 of 207 (2,667 Views)

EA Staff

Hell all,

Thank you all for the reports.

We are looking into this and as soon as we have any further info or updates we will let you know in this thread.

Thank you,

- Kristi

Message 44 of 207 (2,688 Views)

I can't change my origin ID! Please help!

★★★ Novice

Ok so I change my name a lot and I recently changed it to mickiemoose1234 but now I want to change it back to FLUFFYDYNAMITE9 but it just says "ID contains a prohibited word or character"

and if I try to change it to anything else it says the same thing!   Please help!!              I'll leave a screenshot

Message 45 of 207 (2,631 Views)

★★ Novice

Happened to me yesterday, seems pretty messed up that I cannot have "XD" in my name any more. since the name I wanted was taken. I cannot revert either after trying to see if the name I wanted was no longer in use. 

Also yesterday I was able to have the user id "offtohangmyself" - tried it as a joke as I couldn't get my previous user ID back and it worked. Changed it to my current name today and now cannot go back to it. IDk, its seems the word censoring in user ID's is messed up. 

Message 46 of 207 (2,638 Views)

Re: I can't change my origin ID! Please help!

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hello @FLUFFYDYNAMITE9

It's a known issue. I think it will be fixed soon.

Tagged @Straatford87  Just in case Standard smile

Message 47 of 207 (2,589 Views)

Can't change ID

★ Novice

I can't change my GAME ID into TheLastZorro01 or TheLastWarior001. It says "ID contains a forbidden word or sign". My game ID is now PhilippeGoebbels01 -,-'

Message 48 of 207 (2,504 Views)

ID contains prohibited word or character

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I've been trying to come up with a username for a very long time, and eventually I found one which I liked and it was available so I set it.

This username was "Kirashia".

Then the next week I think "Oh why not see what other names are available and try them out" so I do. I decide I don't like any of them so I go back to my old name ("Kirashia").

BUT

I can't apply it. I keep on getting "ID contains prohibited word or character" and there's no account linked to this name either. I have used this name on many other platforms such as Ubisoft and Steam, it's just Origin and EA that are playing up.

Just to be clear - when trying names such as "Kirashio" or "Kirashii" I was told the ID had already been registered, therefore I assume it was not deemed offensive. So why does the "a" at the end make it offensive?

I've seen lots of other people have had similar issues, over the past 2 years or so, yet it still hasn't been fixed.

Message 49 of 207 (2,357 Views)