Name Change / ID contains a prohibited word or character

by RouEight

Original Post

Re: ID has already been registered.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

That is by far the most * * I have ever heard. If someone has it, they copied my steam name. which has been in effect for a while now. 

Look up that name on google and the only thing tha twill come up are MY community projects, I tried several different version of it and yet still it says the same thing

Your datebase is horrible and dysfunctional, thank you EA for providing horrible games and horrible service, thank you for nothing. 

<Removed>

Message 10 of 207 (10,842 Views)

Community Manager

@Sky-sensei1990 Hi,

The issue is with the dash in the name. It won't return the name in the search, but in our database it will occupy the name.

Try searching the same name without the dash to see whether you can find a user occupying that name then.

Unfortunately going by a different handle is the only solution at this point.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 11 of 207 (10,830 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

And again, thanks for nothing. EA the epitome of awful ruining games since it's conception. 

Message 12 of 207 (10,826 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I cant get anything to work, I need to change my name to reflex-US- for a clan, Ive tried 4reflex-US-, _reflex_-US- __reflex__-US-, xreflex-US- and everytime I try something new it still says its invalid, I've also tried 3 different emails since I needed to change that as well and it says its invalid

Message 13 of 207 (10,574 Views)

EA DICE Team

@xreflex-US-

That name has already been taken by someone else. Try changing it to something else that is similar.

Message 14 of 207 (10,567 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello! For example i wanted to change to name Kays and checked in the battlelog database no one taken this.can not change( how?!?!

Message 15 of 207 (10,533 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Kaysfps

A player can choose to not be found by players he doesn't know. EA usernames are also shared amongst games so it is possible that the player isn't on Battlelog.

Message 16 of 207 (10,521 Views)

★★★ Novice

i think it is bad for origin and ea, they must fix this. 

Message 17 of 207 (6,825 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I searched  in origin with id and also didn't find anything

Message 18 of 207 (6,822 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Kaysfps

I checked - the ID is taken by another player. They most likely have their privacy settings set in such a way that they don't want to be found by unknown players. 

This is currently working as intended and won't be changed. I do understand that you would like that ID but since it is taken you will need to try another one.

Message 19 of 207 (6,813 Views)