Name Change / ID contains a prohibited word or character

by RouEight

Original Post

Re: prohibited name

★ Novice

This should appear when you want to change the name, now I'm stuck with random letters for three days because I thought all the names were taken -.-

Message 91 of 207 (2,848 Views)

Re: ID contains a prohibited word or character

★★ Novice

I have a problem same now Frown Iwant change nick name SwissArmyMann 

Message 92 of 207 (3,036 Views)

Re: Why can't I change my name anymore?

★★ Novice

So, it's been less then 3 days but I was able to change my name again now to Lkjfdsa0FMC (the 0 is a zero not an O :L) because Lkjfdsaofmc is still saying its taken, I would love it if someone could check if it is actually taken because I feel like the chances of it existing are next to null and I would really love to use it Frown

Message 93 of 207 (2,995 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this issue some inconsiderate son of a b stole my account @& changed my id now i am stuck with the thieves id lol

Message 94 of 207 (2,967 Views)

Re: prohibited name

★ Novice
Thanks for the answer, is it possible to add this information on the general information tab under ID, like "can only be changed every 3 days"?
Message 95 of 207 (2,953 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It also says my name is prohibiten AspenSRanz, so wtf EA
Message 96 of 207 (2,942 Views)

Re: Name Change / ID contains a prohibited word or character

★★★ Newbie

Hey,

me and my friend are having the same problem and it is getting realy frustrating.

anyway, we'll wait 3 days patiently.

Message 97 of 207 (2,974 Views)

★★ Novice

Increase account security? Really? You realize now you have FORCED us into using our ORIGIN ID as the in-game MP name right?(Maybe that is your problem) So now we get stuck with that name for 3 days in game! WHY wouldnt you have a message play that says that? Why have you not changed your user TOU and TOS? This is what EA/Origin says.

One of the great things about your EA account is that it's fully yours. We've made it easy for you to update your password, security question, and account details on your own.

• Feel like changing your user ID? Go for it.
  • Want to make your security question harder to guess? Do it!
  • Move to a new part of the world? Update it.

^^^^^^^ Yeah just not more that once every 3 days.
    Ya know i am 38 years olf and have been dealing with EA/Dice for many many years. Buying games not only on PC but on console. So when i
    spend 59.99+49.99dlc. I turn around and spend another 59.99+49.99 on console- 218.00 Plus tax "Even tho STEAM Does not change me TAX"
    On ONE GAME! The least least you could do is give users a heads up about stuff like this. Have some respect maybe? Or maybe not punish ALL GAMERS because of the limited few ( Account security) issues you seem to have with changing names.
    Never in the 20 years i have had steam, have i had the issues i have had with EA/Origin since you forced it on us.
Message 98 of 207 (2,958 Views)

Origin refuse to let me change clantag

★★★ Newbie

Origin refuse to let me change clantag. I would like to switch from tot1 to TOT1, and I know of the "bug" where you have to rename to something else and then back because Origin does not understand the difference between capital letters and small letters.

But there is something else: whatever nick or switch up of gamenick I type I get "Illegal character or letter" or "nick" taken. I can only switch back to my gamenick without clantag. Everything else is blocked, and Origin refuse to tell what it claim is the illegal character or letter

Message 99 of 207 (2,931 Views)

EA DICE Team

@AhSheetMahdraz

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding the recent restrictions to ID changing, and the how to update your EA account information article.

You're right in pointing out that it would've been better to give a heads up regarding the new ID changing restrictions before implementing them. We've heard you on that. In the meantime, we've updated the associated error message in the Origin client to reflect this change, and added the following line to the article:

"You can update everything like your email address, name, date of birth, and more on your account. Your ID can only be changed once every 72 hours."

However, since you've pointed out that the intro of the article still doesn't reflect the recent changes, I've asked our team to review this once more as well.

Lastly, thanks for taking the time to write down your feedback. It's much appreciated.

Thank you,

Message 100 of 207 (2,404 Views)