Re: NFS16 error (0xc000007b)

by 2307199

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NFS16 error (0xc000007b)

★★★ Apprentice

I am trying to play my recently purchased NFS16 and when I choose to run the application I get this error "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b) Press OK to close"

My System: 

windows 10 64bit

intel i7 4790k

Zotak GTX 980ti amp extreme

16gb corasair vengeance

M.2 500gb OS 

Things I have tried:

Reinstalling NFS16 (4 fresh installs and counting)

reinstalling origin

reinstalling redistributable packages (visual c+++)

reinstalling .NET

Reinstalling Directx

installing mscvp100.dll and mscvr100.dll

running as administrator 

running in compatibility

reinstalling windows

at this point I am reinstalling the game for a 5th time, unless I can get some help from EA or someone who had this problem and solved it, I will probably be refunding this game. I have had plenty of issues with other games in the past, I just cant figure this one out. I have read that this is an issue with some sort of dll conflict. and it seems to be a common issue with EA releases and EA releases only (this particular error) Thanks to anyone who can help

Message 1 of 7 (12,404 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I Finally solved this issue!!!!!!

it only took me two days to find the correct dlls that this game will run on.

found in this thread :

[Link removed - Admin.]

you have to download these dlls;

[Link removed - Admin.]

and then go into safe mode, which in windows 10 means going to settings> update & security> recovery>restart now> advanced restart and then pressing f4 when it restarts. then overwrite the dlls in c: windows>system32 and sys64wow

the zip will contain the separate dlls for each folder so make sure they go into the appropriate one. you wont be able to overwrite all of the dlls, because that requires elevated administrator rights (that even when in elevated admin mode you still cannot overwrite) regardless, restart your pc and run NFS16 in Admin mode and it should load up.

I am assuming that my primary problems were that most of the dlls listed online for this error are 32bit and this game is 64bit, which means I was overwriting 64bit dlls with incompatible ones. I cannot believe that even with a windows reboot, I did not have the appropriate dlls for this game.. 

I hope this helps someone down the line, if so leave so xp or a comment.

Now onto my next problem... stationed in Okinawa... game says i cannot play the game because my language does not match my origin account (dumbest drm i have ever experienced) 

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (15,571 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I Finally solved this issue!!!!!!

it only took me two days to find the correct dlls that this game will run on.

found in this thread :

[Link removed - Admin.]

you have to download these dlls;

[Link removed - Admin.]

and then go into safe mode, which in windows 10 means going to settings> update & security> recovery>restart now> advanced restart and then pressing f4 when it restarts. then overwrite the dlls in c: windows>system32 and sys64wow

the zip will contain the separate dlls for each folder so make sure they go into the appropriate one. you wont be able to overwrite all of the dlls, because that requires elevated administrator rights (that even when in elevated admin mode you still cannot overwrite) regardless, restart your pc and run NFS16 in Admin mode and it should load up.

I am assuming that my primary problems were that most of the dlls listed online for this error are 32bit and this game is 64bit, which means I was overwriting 64bit dlls with incompatible ones. I cannot believe that even with a windows reboot, I did not have the appropriate dlls for this game.. 

I hope this helps someone down the line, if so leave so xp or a comment.

Now onto my next problem... stationed in Okinawa... game says i cannot play the game because my language does not match my origin account (dumbest drm i have ever experienced) 

Message 2 of 7 (15,572 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My problem is that when just double click icon of nfs,its asking for administrative allow or deny permission.and after that nothing will happen with it. i"ve tried it for whiel a month but same things here with origin or without origin.

Message 3 of 7 (9,567 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello I have got the same problem and I did exactly like you but these links have been removed so I can't launch them... Is there a possibility to give it again please ? I would be very thankful

Message 4 of 7 (9,104 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

plz show needed files dis dont work

Message 5 of 7 (3,053 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi bro, I have the same problem, the admin removed the links, can you give them to me?
Message 6 of 7 (1,431 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am trying to play my recently purchased NFS16 and when I choose to run the application I get this error "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b) Press OK to close"

Message 7 of 7 (447 Views)