NFS 2016 white screen and Intel drivers update errors

by El_Rogeleitor

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NFS 2016 white screen and Intel drivers update errors

★★ Novice

Hi. Recently I've downloaded the new Need For Speed and I have two problems with it (they might be related).

First one, I click the play button and beffore starting the game the driver's thing appears (I've uploaded the pic). I tried updating as it says but I don't seem able to find them, so investigating a bit in these forums I only found out that EA does not support Intel or something like that, so I don't know how to react about it.

But you can play anyways so if I click accept (it says "aceptar" because I'm argentinian, I'm sorry for my grammar) the game starts everything ok but after the itroduction finishes and I start driving to the club a flashing white light invades my whole screen and I don't know what to do about it. If I reduce the gamma levels to the minimum in the graphic settings part I can only see the minimap and the speed dial, the rest is just white.

These are my PC specifications:

Operating System: Windows 8.1 Single Language 64-bit

BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/31/15 13:12:45 Ver: 04.06.05
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Video Card: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series (8gb dedicated memory)

Video Card #2 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

RAM: 16gb

Thanks for helping!!!

Message 1 of 11 (4,745 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NFS 2016 white screen and Intel drivers update errors

Community Manager

@El_Rogeleitor

Is your monitor plugged into the motherboard video connector rather than your AMD video card output by any chance?

barry.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (6,228 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@El_Rogeleitor

You probably just need to create a GPU profile to make your PC use your R9 390 rather than the on-board Intel IGP:

https://help.ea.com/en/article/setting-up-a-graphics-card-gaming-profile/

Try that and let us know how you get on.

barry.png
Message 2 of 11 (4,694 Views)

★★ Novice

Trying that I noticed that I'm having problems with the GPU thing, the AMD catalyst is a quite old version and I can't update because every time I try an error appears. I can't open the radeon settings because they "are currently not available". And I can't seem to find any solution on the internet. I guess the problem is with the amd drivers and not with the game. It's a shame I really wanted to play NFS. Thanks for the help anyways Standard smile

Message 3 of 11 (4,678 Views)

Community Manager

@El_Rogeleitor

Try the following to uninstall your AMD drivers before downloading and installing the most recent compatible drivers.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/GPU57RemoveOldGraphicsDrivers.aspx

AMD driver download page: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

barry.png
Message 4 of 11 (4,664 Views)

★★ Novice

It didn't work. It's kinda weird because if I go to hardware and devices I have both the AMD graphic card and the intel one, but if I disable the intel graphics my screen turns black. That means that my pc is not using the AMD graphic card, I don't know why. And I can't go to ADM setting because "they're currently not available. Please try again after conecting AMD graphics". I've searched in many forums and tried diferent solutions but nothing works.

Message 5 of 11 (4,655 Views)

Community Manager

@El_Rogeleitor

If you are on a laptop then you may need specific OEM video drivers from the laptop manufacturer as they tend to have a slightly different configuration than GPUs bought 'off the shelf'.

barry.png
Message 6 of 11 (4,644 Views)

★★ Novice

I have a desktop pc, I no longer know what to do. It's okay, thanks for the help so far. I'll wait a couple of months to see if any windows or amd update comes out.

Message 7 of 11 (4,628 Views)

Community Manager

@El_Rogeleitor

Is your monitor plugged into the motherboard video connector rather than your AMD video card output by any chance?

barry.png
Message 8 of 11 (6,229 Views)

★★ Novice

I feel SO dumb right now, yes it was plugged into the motherboard. Now I changed it to the video card, rebooted the sistem and I can play!!!!! These graphics are amazing. Thanks for all the help!!

Message 9 of 11 (4,613 Views)

Community Manager

@El_Rogeleitor

Hey, no worries! Have fun Standard smile

barry.png
Message 10 of 11 (4,596 Views)