Re: NFS 2016 G27 not recognized.

by Straatford87

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NFS 2016 G27 not recognized.

★★★ Newbie
I'm playing the new Need For Speed on PC but I'm having issues with my G27 wheel being recognized. I verified the wheel is working in other games like iracing and Assetto Corsa with no issues. Checked the device manager and windows can see my G27 no problems. I checked my Logitech Wing man profiler and it can see/adjust my G27 as well. When I'm in the game I can go to controls and select to use the G27 but nothing happens. I try to manually configure the buttons in the game but it seems nothing is recognized. I made sure no other controllers were plugged in but only my keyboard is recognized. Any idea on what to try next?
Message 1 of 9 (2,510 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

@MontalvoMC

We've got some suggestions listed in the following two topics:

If that does not help you, I would suggest a clean boot to make sure no other background programs are interfering. Also make sure that all your Logitech drivers are up-to-date.

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (3,040 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@MontalvoMC

We've got some suggestions listed in the following two topics:

If that does not help you, I would suggest a clean boot to make sure no other background programs are interfering. Also make sure that all your Logitech drivers are up-to-date.

Message 2 of 9 (3,041 Views)

★★ Apprentice

i've had this problem for the last 6 mos or so, and please don't copy and paste those links Tom, I have tried them and the are useless. Funny thing is this game used to work with my g27, and after the last update its junk.

Shame as i did love to play and my g27 did work with this game. I dunno what u ppl are doing over there at EA but you have got to do better than this. At any rate this game is unplayable with the wheel and its a shame as i am more than halfway thru it.

Message 3 of 9 (2,129 Views)

EA DICE Team

@chalkman

Sorry to hear that the links haven't been helpful - they are however the standard steps to troubleshoot peripherals and therefore the things that we would need to check first.

So to go over the basics:

• Your wheel and its drivers is up-to-date?
  • Your system is up-to-date?
  • No other peripherals are connected to your system?
  • You've tried a clean boot?

And lastly, when you say that the wheel doesn't work, what exactly is the problem? It isn't being recognized at all, or perhaps trouble setting up the keys?

Message 4 of 9 (2,115 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi, Tom

All drivers up to date Logitech software windows 10 updates on and enabled.

Tried clean boot and everything else listed on this entire board and no wheel recognized whatsover.

I should mention that my g27 works 100% perfectly in every other game i have, and that includes almost all of the last racing titles in the last 10 years.

There is something wrong with this game since the update. It refuses to recognize my wheel.

Message 5 of 9 (2,107 Views)

EA DICE Team

@chalkman

Hey,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm currently not in the position to do extra test with you because I don't have access to a G27 wheel. I've reached out to another team to see if they have any tips, or if they can do some testing for you.

I will get back to you once I have more information available - sorry that this will cause a slight delay!

Message 6 of 9 (2,091 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thanks Tom for your help. I realize this is a old post, but wanted to share that I got it working by disabling everything in msconfig except windows services. Wheel is working now, just wish i knew what service is causing the problem. :D

Message 7 of 9 (2,011 Views)

EA DICE Team

@chalkman

Glad I could help.. :-)

If you want to find out which service was causing the interference then it will be a long road of trial and error where you turn services on again, one by one. However, will be worth it if it means you can game without problems going forward!

If you've got any further questions, do let me know.

Cheers,

Message 8 of 9 (2,008 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this is old thread , but did you ever end up isolating the service that was causing the issues? I'm having the same issues now. Cheers

Message 9 of 9 (1,370 Views)