Re: NFS 2015 Map Loading Issues

by MetroxGamer

Original Post

NFS 2015 Map Loading Issues

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi. I bought the game yesterday and I was absolutely loving it until I encountered a prevalent issue: It seems like often when I'm speeding the map does not load correctly, and this happens mostly (or only) on highways and tunnels, often throwing me under the ground and undermining my whole gameplay.
My PC specs are as follows:
Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb
AMD FX-8320 @ 3.5GHz
8Gb DDR3 1600MHz RAM
WD Blue 1Tb SATA3 7200RPM Hard Drive, with 64Mb Cache, running on SATA2 (The board doesn't allow higher than that)

ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Motherboard
NVidia Shadowplay is OFF and I've put Process Lasso settings on Gaming Mode, all CPU cores, and High I/O priority
If anyone could help me I'd gladly appreciate it as I'm considering dropping the game as a whole as this takes away the fun. 

Message 1 of 3 (276 Views)

EA DICE Team

@MetroxGamer

Hi there,

I see that you've already checked some stuff out, but make sure that you've disabled as many running background processes as possible. Further information about this issue is available in the following thread:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PC-Falling-Through-The-Map/td-p/5229246

Message 2 of 3 (262 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

The running background processes aren't an issue. As you may see on the attached file, they have very little consumption when out of game, except for the 43% memory usage, which in game goes up to about 80% or so. I've fired up the MSI Afterburner OSD to see if anything was bottlenecking performance and found that GPU was fine, I don't really recall how much usage, CPU was also okay with around 35-50% usage, and RAM, although around 80% or so usage shouldn't be an issue since it didn't max out. HDD was also tested with about 3 different disk software (CrystalMark,HDTachometer, WD Digital Data Lifeguard, both Quick and Extended tests) which were all found out to be clean, HDD is okay too. I can't really see what could be causing this except for maybe a connection issue (I don't see how connection would affect map loading but it's never out of the picture). If there was a way to check in-game ping it'd be great so if you can tell me anything about that it'd be gladly appreciated. Apart from all that I'd only blame it on the game as there are atleast hundreds or thousands of other users with this problem, which EA should really look into fixing, maybe on patch or update, or maybe just making the map load as a whole (as GTA V does) before the user is able to play, atleast I wouldn't mind it.
Further input will be appreciated, thank you Standard smile

Edit: I have turned Shadowplay OFF and ON and on both occasions the bug still happened so that's not an issue, as with the GPU drivers, they've been reinstalled and updated and it's still happening. Turning down video settings also doesn't help. 

Message 3 of 3 (252 Views)