Re: My son can't join multiplayer games

by einnebcj

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My son can't join multiplayer games

★★ Novice

I setup an account on our xbox one for my son.  He loves Plants vs Zombies and he can launch into the game without issues and play Backyard Battleground, I can play split screen with him as well in this mode.  When he tries to join a multiplayer game it fails to find a match regardless of the game mode.  I've confirmed my xbox privacy settings for him to be able to join multiplayer games.  What can I do to allow him to play this online?

Message 1 of 6 (3,593 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Yes I have a gold subscription.  I resolved the issue by playing with the privacy settings for my son's account.  He was using the "child default" except I had allowed joining multiplayer games but this wasn't working.  I changed the privacy setting to "adult" and tested which work OK and he was was able to join a multiplayer game.  I then tuned all the settings back to make them more restrictive, leaving the setting "allow joining multiplayer games" to enabled.  For some reason it worked.  I suspect there is some issue with PVZGW2 and the "child" privacy preset, that even when customized it has a problem.

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (4,175 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @DeadlyCraneFly

Do you have XBOX Live Gold on your XBOX account? This would be needed for multiplayer (for the other modes you mention you only need an internet connection).

- Andy -

Message 2 of 6 (3,573 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes I have a gold subscription.  I resolved the issue by playing with the privacy settings for my son's account.  He was using the "child default" except I had allowed joining multiplayer games but this wasn't working.  I changed the privacy setting to "adult" and tested which work OK and he was was able to join a multiplayer game.  I then tuned all the settings back to make them more restrictive, leaving the setting "allow joining multiplayer games" to enabled.  For some reason it worked.  I suspect there is some issue with PVZGW2 and the "child" privacy preset, that even when customized it has a problem.

Message 3 of 6 (4,176 Views)

★★★ Novice

You are a legend!  I have been going nuts over this since my boys purchased this game and had no luck getting it to work.  Thank-you!!!!

Message 4 of 6 (3,353 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i am so glad others are having success with this but I still am not able to get my kids access. I have gone so far as creating adult profiles for them, and nothing has worked. Ea support has been ZERO help - this game is a complete waste of money!

Message 5 of 6 (1,618 Views)

★★★ Newbie

omgosh i have the exact same issues!! im on net atm with xbox gamer and we r struggling tio get it working even created profiles for kids as you did but got same messages!! have you had any luck?

Message 6 of 6 (1,354 Views)