Re: My Origin Account was Hacked and purchased FIFA15!

by Candelaio5

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Fifa 15 was also purchased on my account without my permission and I recieved an email from Origin in German confirming the puchase... I am not German. Luckily I also recieved an email from my credit card company holding the charge due to fraud possibility, the fraud provention team might of noticed that the game was purchased in Euros and not in US Dollars... atleast the card company noticed, why couldnt Origin? The card was canceled and so I am not charged, the only problem now is that I hope I dont get any of the issues that above users have stated, such as the bull **bleep** account bans for Terms and Agreements to games that obvioulsy no one has read and especially agreed to. Hopefully these issues will be resolved atleast soon. 

Message 71 of 376 (7,965 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well now they Have banned my account. Looks like my Bank stopped the transaction. (Will check again Friday and if Not They will when I call)Lucky me I only have about 7 games on this **bleep** service. 

Ya know what ORIGIN, I'm going to tell you what I told the idiots at ArcheAge and Guildwars 2. Keep the account banned. I'm full grown and I have no time to jump through hoops because YOU have **bleep** poor security. I will never buy another game from you.

Been playing Everquest the Original since it came out...Never hacked. Same with EVE and Steam Etc. Wonder why?

Message 72 of 376 (7,947 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hello everyone,

Privacy and security of your account information are of the utmost importance to us. While we found no indication of a breach of our Origin account database, we do take this seriously and we are actively investigating your reports.

From what has been posted in this thread and elsewhere, the games most people see show up on their accounts are FIFA 15, FarCry 4, Assassin's Creed: Unity, Assassin's Creed Black Flag, Watch Dogs and FIFA points. If you see anything else, please let us know. If you have order numbers as well, that would be extremely helpful. You can post them here (just the order number, not any additional info that might be tied to the transaction)

Next we would like to encourage you to use Origin user ID and passwords that are unique to your account and to report any activity you feel that may be unauthorized to an EA Game Advisor.

They will be able to assist you and we would advise that you get in touch with them first before contacting your bank.

You can then use the link EA_Kristi had posted previously to fillout the necessary info and directly get a contact option: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=origin&platform=pc&subject=Fraudulent+charges&category...

In order to keep your account protected, we would also like to encourage you to turn on Login Verification within the Origin Client.

Note: If you are unable to access your accont, you can create a new account to contact us with, as highlighted in this linked article.

Thank you,

Nils

Message 73 of 376 (7,903 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here this morning. I have changed my login name and password but I cannot delete my credit card. I got an error that the website is temporarely unavalaible. I could only change the credit card expiration date to january 2015.

Message 74 of 376 (7,863 Views)

★★ Novice

My order number is: 1001092726727

Message 75 of 376 (7,864 Views)

★★ Novice

I live in Belgium in Europe. No purchases can be made outside Europe with my credit card. That is a standard option. I hope the hacker lives outside Europe. In that case, he has no autorisation to get money from my credit card. I have to check it friday with my bank. 

Message 76 of 376 (7,852 Views)

★★ Novice

I have just had a chat with a game advisor. I could not delete my credit card in my account because my restitution is being processed. You can delete it after 24h. I check this tomorrow and let you know.

Message 77 of 376 (7,845 Views)

★★ Novice

Now, which sane person, upon noticing credit card theft, would choose to jump through the hoops that EA have us go through before calling the bank to have card cancelled?

Perhaps you are not FULLY aware of the extent of the issue here. IT IS A CREDIT CARD FRAUD!! This could imply additional transactions off of your site. The longer one wait, the more damage would be done to him/her.

NO SIR, I will not contact you first during this holiday season, and I encourage people to take the smart steps in securing their credit card and assets. That means cancelling their card and get the appropriate authority to investigate into this issue.

What a joke.

@EA_Nils wrote:

Hello everyone,

Privacy and security of your account information are of the utmost importance to us. While we found no indication of a breach of our Origin account database, we do take this seriously and we are actively investigating your reports.

From what has been posted in this thread and elsewhere, the games most people see show up on their accounts are FIFA 15, FarCry 4, Assassin's Creed: Unity, Assassin's Creed Black Flag, Watch Dogs and FIFA points. If you see anything else, please let us know. If you have order numbers as well, that would be extremely helpful. You can post them here (just the order number, not any additional info that might be tied to the transaction)

Next we would like to encourage you to use Origin user ID and passwords that are unique to your account and to report any activity you feel that may be unauthorized to an EA Game Advisor.

They will be able to assist you and we would advise that you get in touch with them first before contacting your bank.

You can then use the link EA_Kristi had posted previously to fillout the necessary info and directly get a contact option: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=origin&platform=pc&subject=Fraudulent+charges&category...

In order to keep your account protected, we would also like to encourage you to turn on Login Verification within the Origin Client.

Note: If you are unable to access your accont, you can create a new account to contact us with, as highlighted in this linked article.

Thank you,

Nils

Message 78 of 376 (7,835 Views)

Community Manager

@44thAirborne 

To clarify, if you don't have an Origin account with us, we recommend immediately contacting your financial institution to reverse the charges and get your payment information updated. If you do have an Origin account with us first check to see if you can manually refund any of the fraudulent purchases through our refund site, here: https://help.ea.com/en/refund After that, reach out to an advisor at http://bit.ly/contactEA so they can work with you to update your account details, and refund any of the remaining fraudulent transactions. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 79 of 376 (7,767 Views)

★★★ Novice

A few issues that leave me very unsatisfied - 

"While we found no indication of a breach of our Origin account database, we do take this seriously and we are actively investigating your reports."

-The operator I spoke to told me it was a hack - and they wait for the Holiday Season to attack since there is highest traffic during these times.  I doubt it was even investigated and you are giving a blanket PR statement as instructed.

"From what has been posted in this thread and elsewhere, the games most people see show up on their accounts are FIFA 15, FarCry 4, Assassin's Creed: Unity, Assassin's Creed Black Flag, Watch Dogs and FIFA points. If you see anything else, please let us know. If you have order numbers as well, that would be extremely helpful. You can post them here (just the order number, not any additional info that might be tied to the transaction)"

-Why these games and only these games?  Was it an error on EAs side?  More explanation is needed rather than "we don't see anything wrong, please report more info."  The responisibility is on you to find out why this happened and report it to us.  You charged me over $300 dollars right after Christmas - do I need to explain how potentially damaging that is?  I had to re-transfer money into that account or I would have bounced checks.  In addition I spent several hours dealing with a problem I didn't create and you're telling me to find out more about it?  You do it.

-Until I find out more everyone that will listen is going to be told this story and strongly encouraged to dump Origin.  The only reason I am so motivated to do so is because it obviously happened to many people - and you are returning with 0 information and putting more work onto the victims of EAs blunder.

-I don't want people to wake up to $300 dollars of charges to thier account EVER it's not a fun experience.

Since you closed my thread without my consent I'll just state this is unresolved!

Message 80 of 376 (3,400 Views)