Re: My Origin Account was Hacked and purchased FIFA15!

by wishT99

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Origin Account was Hacked and purchased FIFA15!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Update (via EA_Nils): Please read our linked update here for more information on how to get in touch with us for assistance.

Hello EA games, someone hacked my accouynt aned then purchased Fifa15 from Korea. Can you refund this transaction for me? I have changed my password and also my email password, am I safe now? This is pretty scary stuff, never been hacked before. Also can you remove the bank details from this site? It wont let me take them down?  Thank you : ) 

Says "Operation failed, please try again later" why can't I remove details? 

Message 1 of 376 (28,612 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@Billysauraus Hi there,

Sorry to hear about that. Just as a heads up, you are responding to an older thread, the previous responses were from 2015. 

For anyone else experiencing this, if you believe someone else has gained access to your EA Account, you can get help restoring your account security from one of our EA Advisors. To reach support without signing in, open an Account Security ticket. At the bottom of the login form, you will see the option, "Having trouble accessing your account?" Click that link to proceed.

Click the link labelled

Be sure to have as much of the following as possible when speaking with the advisor:

• Access to the original email account on your EA Account 
  • Access to the Internet or a gaming console the account is linked to 
  • Any invoice numbers or product codes from games you have purchased

Once you are again able to access your account, please review our detailed instructions on maintaining your account security. We particularly encourage you to make use of our Login Verification feature.

Source: http://help.ea.com/en/article/i-think-somebody-hacked-my-origin-account-what-can-i-do-now/

Note: Once on the support site, click on the flag in the top left corner and select your country. If yours is not listed, you can place an international call to the UK: +44 203 0141818 (Available 9AM-9PM GMT, Monday through Saturday)

Thank you,

Nils

View in thread

Message 372 of 376 (5,304 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Hello, me too it just happened!  I received an email all in Chinese saying that I had purchased FIFA 15 with my credit card and that the process was completed.. I never ordered that game, even less paying in New Taiwan Dollar..  I don't want to pay my credit card, like the OP said it's pretty scary, I'm gonna remove everything and delete my account if this can't be solved, I don't want someone else buying games on my account.

I have also changed my passwords and security options since then but.. am I safe?

Message 2 of 376 (28,243 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same thing happen except on top of FIFA there were 2 other games purchased within seconds of each other. It will not let me change or delete my credit card info WHICH I DID NOT PUT IN ORIGIN IN THE FIRST PLACE! If I go to the stupid EA help section that was linked in the thread it tells me the best way is to contact by phone from 9a-9p est WITH NO PHONE NUMBER! and does not even allow me to put in a ticket or anything. If someone can point me to a customer service number that would be great.

Message 3 of 376 (28,221 Views)

EA Staff

@Tempestace if you use the following direct link you should get a 'Call Me now' option if you fill in the details you will receive a call back from an Advisor: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=origin&platform=pc&subject=Fraudulent+charges&category...

Message 4 of 376 (28,200 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have never ever signed up for origin.com ea until today because it the only was I was able to contact this stupid company! Somehow someone signed me up for an account and used my bank card info to purchase 3 games! When I FINALLLY spoke to someone from origin.com ea they said they could not find any info associated with my card even though I'm looking right at the 6 transactions on my online banking! UGH!!!! They told me to just wait it out and maybe the charges will not go through since I cancelled my card! That's great considering they took all my damn money!

Message 5 of 376 (28,176 Views)

★★★ Novice

Happened to me too.  Someone bought Fifa and tried to buy a bunch of points along with it.  Fortunately I contacted them and they gave me an immediate response and refunded me.

But if this happened to so many people... why hasnt Origin informed people to change their passwords or information?

Message 6 of 376 (28,108 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Glad im not the only one, Also another thing i found out is that all ORIGIN need is YOUR LAST FOUR DIGETS OF YOUR CARD, goes to show how secure their system is. My account was also hacked purchaseing apparantly FIFA 2015, checked my origin account and what do you know all of this on the same day as everyone elses, I logged into my Microsoft account, what did i find an IP ADDRESS from redmond which is where origin is based, I looked up the IP ADDRESS and it just gets more interesting, The ip address that was used on my microsoft account to purchase this game was redmond, put two and two together, and i contacted ea and was told my account hadn't been hacked so Origin right now seems to have a lot going on from their ip address, how funny. Needless to say I have now deleted all my details from anything to do with microsoft and ea games and blocked my card completely got my money back from the bank, but I would check your microsoft accounts look up the IP address from what i have found out. It seems like Origin arent telling us something. the ip address fits their address, and what do you know the same game that everyone else has had purchased that has also failed has also happened to me here in the UK. Looks like origin have some explaining to do considering it is from their IP address that the game was purchased from. Busted. Bank are on it and are investigating wonder what the outcome will be. Origin possibly using their own customers accounts seens as THEY OBVIOUSLY NEED TO MAKE MONEY SOMEHOW. After the SIMS 4 FLOPPED.They must think we're all stupid give me a break Obviously someone at their place of online banking for games is obviously abusing their system. Too much fits too easily, every time an ip address comes up on my microsoft account that aint mine i will thouroughly check and thanks to the bank I also got the address that this online purchase was made from. Redmond Origins place of work how interesting,and all on the same day when my microsoft account was hijacked at the same time that this order was put in. Now correct me if I'm wrong but funny how its their latest game and also how expensive it is, considering EA kind of lost out on sims 4, and now everyones origin accounts hacked on the same day as mine was at exactly 3.49 pm thanks to my bank i found this out and also their address which i have noted, clicked into microsoft account it was hijacked at about the same time and the IP address as i've said is Origins place in Redmond looked that up found the address and area it came from, then checked back on my address i got from my bank and its the same place. Definately Suspicious and let me tell you now I will never ever add any of my account details to ORIGIN or EA GAMES whatsoever in the future they tested my buttons I'm pretty clued up. Can't believe they would think we were so stupid as to not do our own investigating, one thing they need to realise is no matter what IP address you hack from you will be caught. Maybe EA should check closer to home in their own facilitys. But then again doesnt surprise me as SIMS 4 didn't exactly make the money they hoped for. And 88% confident it came from RedMond from the ip address I have found out. I can not see how for it to be that confident in % that the area is wrong. 

Message 7 of 376 (27,988 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This happened to me today as well

Message 8 of 376 (27,684 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. I wasn't even online today; some one bought FIFA 15 on my account. I'd appreciate a refund! I'll change my password and account asap!

Message 9 of 376 (27,660 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This happened to me yesterday Wednesday 12/24/2014 @ 2:18PM-PST. I was watching a movie in Netflix in front of my desktop then my phone went off that an email had arrived. I check my email account and there it fu#kn' was FIFA 15. So I'm like 'Goddamn it' my Orginin account got hacked. I took measures to remove my credit card but the Origin Application wouldn't allow me to remove the credit information, it says operation failed. I can't even change anything because my security question no longer works. Customer service is out for the holiday so I'm screwed. Can't proceed with the refund through origin because that didn't work either so it seems like the gentlemen that did some research that wrote that interesting post might be right. This smells like an inside job. This is one way to **bleep** with people right before Christmas Eve. Now I can't access my money due to these idiots with too much time on their hands.
Message 10 of 376 (9,508 Views)