Re: Multiplayer permission error GW2

by VoltOhmMeter

Original Post

[Old Report] Multiplayer permission error GW2

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi does anybody have a clue why i cant access multiplayer. the game says i need correct permissions?

Message 1 of 6 (3,708 Views)

Hero (Retired)

There seems to have been a large number of server issues in play this morning; when I signed into the game this morning I immediately noticed a large number of issues which could be attributed to server communication problems. For me the first time I logged in the game had reduced me to the default set of characters instead of my full roster, and when I restarted I received the "Failed to retrieve Patch status" error twice and then the next two restarts had the same problem properly communicating my full character roster.

It eventually loaded properly but then gave me so many failed attempts to join Multiplayer or Ops that I eventually just played around in my own Backyard Battleground for a little bit and did a few Solo games against AI to complete a few Quests before just logging out.

Assuming your problem is related to what I experienced it should clear up when they fix whatever technical issue was happening. If it persists then it might be related to the Parental Control settings on your system; if your account is listed as a minor, or if you are split screening with such an account, then it's possible that your system settings are blocking your access to Multiplayer.

Message 2 of 6 (3,688 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Completed a Graveyard Ops, a couple of days ago.  All was going well.  The GroupLeader closed the session, and I was sent to the Backyard, as usual.  When I got back, my Scientist was changed to an Imp, and my 500K coins was reduced to 0.   At that point, I quit the game, then restarted it.  I was still an IMP with 0 coins.  At that point, I turned off the XBox and decided to wait until the next day.  When I started the game, I noticed I was back to being the Scientist again, and all mu coins were back.  I thought all was good; just a server glitch.  Went to start another Graveyard Ops, and received the message that I didn't the the 'correct permissions to play an online game.'  I have been receiving this message for the past 3 day now.

Is there a solution to this problem??

Thanks!

Message 3 of 6 (3,670 Views)

Hero (Retired)

The initial glitch which reset your characters, coins and star totals can be chalked up to a communication problem between the game and the server which left the game unable to retrieve data about what you did or did not have- that's usually a temporary problem which fixes itself after a short bit of time and there isn't much you can do about it.

The "Correct permissions" error is usually related to either not being signed in properly, for PS4 that means just signing into PSN but I'm not certain what the Xbox equivalent would be but that would be the first thing to check. You should also make certain that you have an active subscription on your system; if your Xbox Live or PS Plus suscription lapses so does your ability to play Multiplayer or online Co-Op.

If both of those check out you should check your parental control settings or other restrictions to make certain that nothing has changed there, and make certain that you aren't split-screening with someone who is playing as a Guest or who has restrictions placed on their account because that will block the whole group.

If all that seems fine then the issue might be related to the communication problem you previously experienced so it wouldn't hurt to close the game out entirely, check your connection statuses then load the game again and see.

Message 4 of 6 (3,666 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

"If your Xbox Live or PS Plus subscription lapses, so does your ability to play Multiplayer or online Co-Op."

Yup,turns out, that's what it was.  Forgot we got a FREE 3-month trail, then purchased a 12 month subscription. Thought we just purchased a 12-month subscription for Christmas, and it 'auto-renewed' like so many things tend to do theses days.   

Thanks!

Message 5 of 6 (3,658 Views)

Community Manager

Hey Everyone

As this thread is a bit old at this point, things have changed and been updated, we are going to lock this down so that we can prevent any necro-posting.

If you run into any further issues please create a new thread so that we can begin tracking accordingly!

Cheers!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 6 of 6 (466 Views)