Missing Item

by Jackie_Wackie16

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Missing Item

★ Novice

As I've been browsing in build mode, I've noticed an item missing from the Get to Work EP. The item is "Backlit Screen Print Sign From Andres Big Banners". I noticed when I placed a lot from the gallery with said item on it in my game. The item shows up on the lot; I can move it, resize it, change the color, and delete it but I cannot clone it. A message pops up saying "nothing here can be cloned". I tried searching it in the catalogue but it doesn't exist. I've tried everything, cleaning the cache and all the files. I made a new save game and even uninstalled the whole game and reinstalled it. Am I the only one with this problem? Is it my game, or is it a glitch from a patch update? I haven't noticed anything else missing.

Message 1 of 5 (591 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Missing Item

Found it! It's an retail item, so it's found when making a shop.

When you change the lot type to retail:

Retail.png

And then look at the retail items:
Retailitems.png

You'll see the banner, and you'll be able to clone it.

Retailitems2.png

I guess it's one of those items EA didn't really saw a need for outside of the 'retail' environment, maybe you'll also find it on other type of lots. But that's where that one is hiding!

Thank you for your screenshots, it really helped with locating the item. Hope you'll also find the banner now :eahigh_file:

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (588 Views)

All Replies

Could you post a screenshot of the item? Could it be that it's one of the invisible items? Do you have the name of the lot you downloaded, so I can download it in my game?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 5 (585 Views)

★ Novice

The lot is named "Three Star Cinema". It's a 40x30 lounge. (Sorry for any of the bad quality images.)

This is what shows up when I click on it and move it. (So this is what should show up in the catalog but it doesn't.)

Item.PNG

This is where the sign is in the original place on the lot.

Item 2.PNG

This is the item in a different spot and the color changed. 

Item 4.PNG

This is me trying it search for it in the catalog.

Item 5.PNG

And like I said when I try and use the copy tool it says "nothing here can be cloned" I couldn't get a picture of that though. This lot has plenty of this item on it this was just one example.

Message 3 of 5 (575 Views)

Found it! It's an retail item, so it's found when making a shop.

When you change the lot type to retail:

Retail.png

And then look at the retail items:
Retailitems.png

You'll see the banner, and you'll be able to clone it.

Retailitems2.png

I guess it's one of those items EA didn't really saw a need for outside of the 'retail' environment, maybe you'll also find it on other type of lots. But that's where that one is hiding!

Thank you for your screenshots, it really helped with locating the item. Hope you'll also find the banner now :eahigh_file:

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 5 (589 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much! I guess it makes sense now, sense I never really wanted to use it on any other lot type other then a retail lot lol. Thanks again!!

Message 5 of 5 (554 Views)