by 180timo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

Hello EA,

I bought Need For Speed on my PC and when I open it and it says,

"Detected Intel driver version 10.18.10.4425 04/04/2016 00:00:00.  The recommended driver version is xx.xx.14.4264 or later.  Please update your drivers athttp://downloadcenter.intel.com/ before playing the game.

Do you want to try and run the game anyway?  There may be stability, performance or visul corruption issues."

So I click ok and Need for Speed pops up but with a black screen. Then I try to close it out and it crashes my computer. I have watched many video and play Need for Speed No limit on my Ipad and I love the game so could you please help me fix the game. Thanks,

180timo

Message 1 of 5 (494 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Message: Please update Intel Driver

Community Manager

@180timo There are various builds for PCs, and they can always be upgraded, so I can't say for sure, but I don't think the Inspiron 660 is enough to run the game. As I understand it most versions of this PC don't have a discrete Nvidia or Radeon Graphics card. 

Generally Chromebooks aren't designed to play games, and don't have the technology to run modern games. and the R11 wouldn't be up to the task of playing the game. 

If you don't have the hardware for it and you bought through the game, perhaps you can refund your purchase using the Great Game Guarantee: https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/what-s-the-great-games-guarantee/

For future reference, you can find the requirements for the game here. 

Spoiler
Minimum Requirements for 720p30 at low settings
Processor: Intel Core i3-4130 or equivalent with 4 hardware threads
Memory: 6GB RAM
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB, AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB, or equivalent DX11 compatible GPU with 2GB of memory
Hard Drive: 30GB free space
Input: Keyboard and mouse, Xbox One controller

Recommended Requirements for 1080p60 at high settings
Processor: Intel Core i5-4690 or equivalent with 4 hardware threads
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB, AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB, or equivalent DX11 compatible GPU with 4GB of memory
David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (500 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@180timo Hi, just to be sure, are you trying to play Need for Speed 2015? Can you post your dxdiag?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can check this page for how to update your intel drivers. However I suspect that this won't let you play, as the game is quite demanding and requires a discrete graphics card. 

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/finding-devices-and-updating-drivers/

Thanks.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 5 (480 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello @EA_David and thank you for your reply.

Yes I am trying to play need for speed. I tried your link and it did not work. I have a Dell inspiration 660 and I don't know if this is a capable computer. I am getting a Acer R11 chromebook. Is that capable with need for speed? Thanks,

180timo 

Message 3 of 5 (470 Views)

Community Manager

@180timo There are various builds for PCs, and they can always be upgraded, so I can't say for sure, but I don't think the Inspiron 660 is enough to run the game. As I understand it most versions of this PC don't have a discrete Nvidia or Radeon Graphics card. 

Generally Chromebooks aren't designed to play games, and don't have the technology to run modern games. and the R11 wouldn't be up to the task of playing the game. 

If you don't have the hardware for it and you bought through the game, perhaps you can refund your purchase using the Great Game Guarantee: https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/what-s-the-great-games-guarantee/

For future reference, you can find the requirements for the game here. 

Spoiler
Minimum Requirements for 720p30 at low settings
Processor: Intel Core i3-4130 or equivalent with 4 hardware threads
Memory: 6GB RAM
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB, AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB, or equivalent DX11 compatible GPU with 2GB of memory

Recommended Requirements for 1080p60 at high settings
Processor: Intel Core i5-4690 or equivalent with 4 hardware threads
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB, AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB, or equivalent DX11 compatible GPU with 4GB of memory
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 5 (501 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My computer says I have a generic intel driver and it does not work when I installed the program on the error message.

Message 5 of 5 (407 Views)