Mass Effect Andromeda directX crash

by LukeMx

Original Post

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda directX crash

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello,

Actually i'm playing ME:A since the release day. 

I've never met such bad performances in a game.

I5 4590

Geforce 1060 6Go

8 Go RAM

The game crashes with the Direct X Error, and windows telling me I don't have enough RAM even when Task Manager says I used about 73% of my RAM capacity at the moment of the crash.

It always crashes at the same spot. The same trigger. I can play the Prologue without a crash, but activating a specific console make the error appear.

The game is perfectly smooth even in medium. Well, the Prologue in medium. Then I lowered the setting to be able to trigger a cinematic (???).

Then it started crashed somewhere else.

Message 31 of 228 (5,930 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I know it's not a solution and only a temporary fix but so far I haven't had any crashes when I run the game with my GPU set to stock speeds and launch the game as administrator from it's .exe file instead of from Origin.

Since I've been doing this I haven't had any crashes where as before even with my 1080 and 32 gigs of RAM I was getting frequent directX crashes.

Message 32 of 228 (5,925 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have similar issues where I'll play the game and it would crash every 5 minutes on high quality and last about 30 minutes on low to medium graphics

Every time the is an error message in the background about directx has crashed due to the GPU being removed or the Driver has crashed

Troubleshooting steps so far
- reinstalled GPU drivers
- reinstalled chipset drivers
- repaired game files
- reinstalled directx
- reinstalled VC ++
- tried game on all graphics levels (no change other then the crashes get longer before they happen when the graphics quality is lower)
- tired with both Vsync and Gsync on
- tried with just Vsync on (both in game vsync and nvidia's Vsync separately)
- tried with just Gsync on (Vsync off)
- tried running window mode
- tried running with auto detect output settings
- tried running with custom output settings

Was up for 3 hours last night till 1am troubleshooting XD

- tried nvida auto optermize
- tried Turing off all graphic setting that could be turned off
- tried removing 3D nvidia drivers
- tired different version of GPU drivers
- tried different version of Chipset drivers
- adjust nvidia control panel settings for performance over quality

Installing it on my laptop to see how it goes if the same issues occures and if it dose I'm getting my money back because EA has scamed us all out of our money and stolen it. Sorry EA but game is just broken and is not ok to do this *, I don't care if the game comes out a few months late, the thing I'm after is a game that actually works Frown
Message 33 of 228 (5,828 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I posted in another thread on this but I was having similar problems, and after chatting with EA three times what finally seems (so far) to have fixed it was disabling my second monitor and setting SLI mode to single card only.  I was told that it didn't work with SLI (odd) nor multiple monitors (Not talking using multiple monitors for the game... just having them active AT ALL).  Silly, but regardless, I hope this helps someone.

Edit- There's still a memory leak but... can't really do much about that.

Message 34 of 228 (5,813 Views)

★★ Novice

That didn't work for me, still crashed with Directx out of memory message.

I have GTX 970, i5 4590, 8GB RAM

Message 35 of 228 (5,797 Views)

★ Novice

Getting the same issue, I didn't have this issue at all the first few days. From my end it cropped up today for the first time and has been constantly crashing me. Latest drivers, was happening more often until I lowered some graphical settings and it keeps it at bay for longer.

FX-6300

12GB RAM

GTX 750ti

Message 36 of 228 (5,782 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah I lowered from Auto-detect (High) to mostly Medium settings and that fixed the problem. 

Maybe my GTX970 sucks or something

Message 37 of 228 (5,761 Views)

★ Apprentice
Oh, thanks. I will try this since i have 2 monitors
Message 38 of 228 (5,744 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've been trying every possible solution since yesterday and the best I get it's 40-50 minutes more or less without a crash, but sooner o later the black screen and the dx error appears again. It seems to be a memory leak of some kind, if that turns out to be it EA/Bioware have some tough times ahead and a PR shitstorm coming.

People are starting to talk about scam and such and I can't disagree with them, I'm a long time fan but this has take all my excitement out of playing. The worst part it's that we don't hear anything from EA/Bioware and their "support" is clueless...

Message 39 of 228 (5,694 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I fixed my directx crash on the Tempest by increasing the size of my page file to max 25 gigabytes.

Message 40 of 228 (5,687 Views)