Madden 17 CFM (offline) no option to return from injured reserve

by DebbieJamesa

Original Post

Madden 17 CFM (offline) no option to return from injured reserve

★★★ Newbie
I placed a player on IR in the preseason
When his injury time left was 0, and there was a news tile saying he was ready to return, went to injury report, selected him, no option to return from IR
Made positively sure I only had 52 players on my roster
Tried it again. No dice.
Tried selecting him from the roster screen, but same result
Read online and found others had seen this, specifically with players placed on IR during the preseason, and the only workaround involves signing the player on IR to the practice squad
My player is not practice squad eligible

Please help! It may seem trivial, but after already waiting the playoffs, preseason, and almost half the regular season to get the guy back, to have him unavailable due to a bug is a big let down.
Message 1 of 3 (2,793 Views)

Re: Madden 17 CFM (offline) no option to return from injured reserve

★★★ Newbie

NFL rules require the player placed on IR in the preseason to be on the 53-man roster at the start of the season in order to be activated for that same team that same season.

If a player is on the 53-man roster, he will be able to be activated and practice starting week 6 and play starting week 8. League rules have allowed ONLY one player per team to be activated from the IR list starting the 2012 season through last season (2016). Beginning this upcoming 2017 season, two players per team will be allowed to be activated.

So, that's the way the NFL rules are and Madden typically follows them pretty closely (at least on a simplified level). That being said, if you've "followed the league rules" and you still aren't able to play him, the game must not be recognizing it correctly.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 3 (2,500 Views)

Re: Madden 18 CFM (offline) no option to return from injured reserve

★★★ Novice
Have a player on IR that is ready to return and following the said rule I haven't returned anyone from IR and I still don't have any option to bring back any players put on IR. I now have 48 men on my full roster and still no option.
Message 3 of 3 (2,307 Views)