Re: Low FPS on high-end PC

by Carbonic

Original Post

Low FPS on high-end PC

★★★ Newbie

Hello!

This is my very first post on the battlefield community forums, so please excuse any mistakes. My problem is not unheard of; however I haven't found a solution yet. I tend to get very low FPS on Battelfield 1. It never exceed 90 FPS, and usually hovers at 60-70 FPS. Now I know that this FPS may not be that low and I fully understand if you think that I might be asking for too much however every other game tends to get 180-200+ FPS on Ultra @ 1080P. I have a pretty high-end PC (Specs at the bottom) over the couple of hours of gameplay, my GPU tops off its usage at 99% and its temperature at 73* C. The CPU temp never goes above 77*C and its max usage is 96%. All stats were gathered from MSI Afterburner. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Specs:
i7-7700K 4.20Ghz (cooled with a Be Quiet! Silent loop 240mm Liquid cooler)
Asus Strix 1080 Ti
32 GB Trident Z Ram
Asus Strix Z270F Motherboard

Message 1 of 9 (3,886 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Greetings @Plebathon,

Sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing.

However, I did find an Article that might clear up some of the problems you're having.

Please check out the Article here:

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/42847/high-cpu-usage-low-fps-potential-fix

If you still need some assistance, please feel free to let us know.

Hope you had a good weekend.

Thanks Standard smile 

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

If you are using Windows 10, Try switching to directx 11 in video settings.

If that isn't it, It could be thermal Throttling..

Message 3 of 9 (3,872 Views)

★ Guide

Sorry to hear the issues you're facing with the game's performance.

How much RAM do you have installed in your PC?

and have you overclocked the CPU/GPU?

Turning off DX12 in Advanced Graphics Settings can help boost your FPS quite a bit.

Try to end all background processes and see if your CPU usage goes any better.

Keep us updated. ^^

Message 4 of 9 (3,781 Views)

★★★ Guide

Battlefield 1 is a pretty heavy game in terms of performance especially on 64 player servers - one main issue could be related to DX12 which is basically broken in its current state, that said your computer should definitely be able to handle the game relatively fine. What resolution scale do you play at? As 200% et cetera can also be marginally taxing on framerate (rendering at roughly 4k). Disabling GPU memory restriction is also recommended should you have it enabled, if I recall correctly it's enabled by default.

Message 5 of 9 (3,772 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Going to "hijack" this post to add that I am having similar issues.

GTX 1070

i5-6500

16GB RAM

Used to be able to play (about a month or so ago before I took a break) averaging >80FPS.  When I played today I was frequently dipping below 60FPS on lower settings.  Going to try some of the things suggested in the replies here and report back on the outcome.

Message 6 of 9 (3,749 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm not sure if this will work, but it worked when my call of duty crashed, mainly cod 2 and 4.What I did to fix it was going to search, typing sound and clicking the one that says sound exactly, then I clicked recording I right clicked, clicked show disabled devices.Then, there should be a disabled device called Stereo Mix, enable it and problem might be solved.However not necessairly, as I am using windows 7 and you most likely windows 10.If that doesn't work try clearing origin cache, run the setup file with admin rights.Go to origin, my games, right click on battlefield 1 and click repair.If that doesn't fix it try contacting support.

Message 7 of 9 (3,743 Views)

Hero

Hi @Plebathon - are you still having this issue?

There's quite a bit of suggestions in here you haven't responded to Standard smile

carbonic signature

Message 8 of 9 (3,736 Views)

@butchthedoggy wrote:

Going to "hijack" this post to add that I am having similar issues.

GTX 1070

i5-6500

16GB RAM

Used to be able to play (about a month or so ago before I took a break) averaging >80FPS.  When I played today I was frequently dipping below 60FPS on lower settings.  Going to try some of the things suggested in the replies here and report back on the outcome.

@butchthedoggy which OS are you using? If using Win 10 did you install the creator's update, are you using DX 11 or 12?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 9 of 9 (3,722 Views)