Low FPS and Stuttering

by Elliot100769

Original Post

Low FPS and Stuttering

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The game will stutter throughout every round, and sometimes it lags so far behind that it ruins the display (for example, cutscenes merge with playable sections).

This is really annoying as it will freeze for between 3-5 seconds most times, and I've usually been killed by the time it unfreezes again. Then it will keep stuttering repeatedly. 

The only time when these problems don't occur is when the game doesn't even connect, it will just keep loading and loading and whenever I try to shut down the game, it just doesn't do it, and I am forced to restart my computer.

UPDATE: I tried to play a game of Heroes vs Villains and for no reason, the game started seriously freezing. The screen was glitching, and I couldn't even close it with task manager. It's affected my entire computer as well. Browsers and other clients either won't open or will run extremely slowly, and the problems are connected because it only occurs whenever I've launched Battlefront. Quite frankly I'm getting extremely annoyed by this, I hate having to restart my entire computer just so that I can close the game and use other applications. 

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 21 (610 Views)

Re: Low FPS and Stuttering

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @Elliot100769 

I am really sorry for those troubles with the game. Have you tired to Repair Star Wars: Battlefront in Origin client? Updated your GPU drivers? Can you try to play Skirmish match, to see if this issue is network related? Keep us posted.

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 2 of 21 (591 Views)

★★ Novice

When I go to select the Repair option on Star Wars battlefront, it isn't allowing me to select it, it is greyed out. All my GPU drivers are up to date, and even connecting to Skirmish match can take some time, however it does not stutter as much as it does online. 

Message 3 of 21 (583 Views)

Hello @Elliot100769 and thank you for additional information on this. This may very well be caused by some problems with your network. Can you check this article here on the most common connection issues for the possible solution? Keep us posted on your progress.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 4 of 21 (579 Views)

★★ Novice
I appreciate the link to that article, however none of those methods have worked for me. I've tried the router method twice and on my computer there isn't a way to select the UPnP.

All other applications with require a network connection seem to run without a hitch.
Message 5 of 21 (570 Views)

Hello @Elliot100769 

And thank you for providing additional information on this. Can you now try to open corresponding TCP ports? Should you encounter any troubles, while doing this, I suggest you to get in touch with your ISP. Keep us posted.

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 6 of 21 (565 Views)

★★ Novice
I already a TCP port available, however if anything it only made the situation worse, now the game couldn't even make it to the menu screen without freezing and then closing itself.

I've attempted to set up a new one and connected my internet service provider for help, however for some bizzare reason, the PC is only connecting to the old port. We cannot close this one as there are other network functions being carried out with it.

Even when i switched back to the main network connection, the game still crashes upon opening now. The problem is now getting worse it would seem.
Message 7 of 21 (557 Views)

★★ Novice

An update to my post from the 24th. I have tried launching the game again, and still the results are the same as my last post. It just freezes before I can do anything. 

Message 8 of 21 (549 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem!

I brought the game off eBay trough eBay, i had to install it trough CD ROM, trough the 4 disks. Then went on orgin downloaded the game, activated it with the serial key, and played it, on the first day everything was perfect I played it on medium-low graphics quite smoothly, on the second day it began short stuttering trough out the game, I thought it was a graphics problem so I set it down to as low as it would possibly be, but still it kept stuttering and lagging then began freezing for 2 minutes at once, multiple times trough out the game! Then it would become smooth again and start all over. The ohter day I wanted to play co op with one of my friends, it was loading for aprox 15mins, then the game became windowed and my pc was hit with multiple colors and flashes. Then the game crashed. Is there anything I could do, I already got a refund from the seller but the game is still on my orgin account,

And I can't get rid of it, to try buying it again.

Note: I'm running it on Intel HD 5500 ( yes I know it's * but it ran it quite smoothly on medium quality).

Drivers are updated, and pc has no overheating problems.

Message 9 of 21 (539 Views)

Re: Low FPS and Stuttering: caused by bad IGP video

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@CPT-xavios

As you should know, there is no support away from Intel's own websites, for any graphics other than game-capable products from AMD and nVIDIA, in the form of core chips on discrete circuit boards added to the computer separately.  Since EA doesn't offer any Intel IGP support, that makes US doing so in here illogical, doesn't it?  After all, EA does pay our rent on this site! 

Minimum PC System Requirements

Processor (Intel): Intel i3 6300T or equivalent (3.3 GHz)
    Memory: 8GB RAM
    Hard Drive: At least 40 GB of free space
    Graphics card (NVIDIA): nVidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB
    Graphics card (ATI): ATI Radeon HD 7850 2GB
    DirectX: 11.0 Compatible video card or equivalent
    Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/intel-hd-graphics-for-intel-core-pro...

Message 10 of 21 (533 Views)