Lost my App Authenticator

by tuanhtran277

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lost my App Authenticator

★★★★ Apprentice

i used App Authenticator as 2-steps Login Verification. However, i restored my phone and lost my app. Now when i login on web, it requires Security Code from App Authenticator. What can i do now?. Thank for your help!

Message 1 of 111 (395,931 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Lost my App Authenticator

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hello everyone,

When first setting up login verification via either email, text or authenticator, you will have received a set of backup codes that are to be used when being unable to access your verification method. You can find them on the following page:

https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/security/index

Login Verfication.PNG

If unable to access your backup codes, reach out to an EA Advisor to have your security settings reset. How you can reach out to them is detailed in the following thread:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/How-to-contact-EA-Help/td-p/5650100

Important notes:

• We are unable to help you with any account or security related matters here on Answers HQ. Such questions can only be handled by an Advisor. 
  • Please also see our Complete Support - Origin thread for any further questions that you might have.

View in thread

Message 82 of 111 (87,732 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

@tuanhtran277 Please contact an Advisor and they should be able to help you out after verifying account ownership:

1. Click on the following link: http://help.ea.com/
2. Make sure you are logged in (top right corner) and select 'Help with Game'
3. Find the affected game (if it's an account issue select Origin)
4. Select 'Contac Us' at the bottom right on the new page
5. Select your platform and then 'Next' again
6. Select topic from the drop down and type in a short description of your issue.
7. Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings and time of day.

Message 2 of 111 (395,306 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Thank for your support. However, I can not find other contact methods (just have Call me now). My country is not available to contact via phone. I want to contact Advisor through message as i did in the past.

Message 3 of 111 (395,283 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same problem! 

try to call using skype. 

Message 4 of 111 (395,263 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Can someone show me how to live chat with EA supporter, please?

Message 5 of 111 (395,149 Views)

Hero

Hi @tuanhtran277

try this direct link: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=origin&platform=pc&subject=Reset+phone&category=accoun...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 111 (395,143 Views)

★★★ Newbie

you cant login anywhere as it requires the 6 digit PIN, how does one get around this.

It is impossible to contact EA support to help me get rid of this authentication method.

Message 7 of 111 (393,550 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

@gman2014at You are from South Africa correct? If so, you can call an Advisor using the details below:

Support Contact Information

Our Game Advisors are available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Keep in mind that depending on your territory or carrier policies, telephone charges may apply. Telephone: if you are in South Africa, please dial 0800014728, and if you are outside South Africa calling internationally, it's 0800014728.

Message 8 of 111 (393,492 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, my other account is Suarens, i can't login to my account. You say ''You must be logging in'' But i can't.. I lost my App Authenticator too. And i buyed Sims 4. I don't wanna buy it again.. Thank you for helping my, bye!

Greetings from Holland,

SuarensNEW,

Suarens

Message 9 of 111 (391,589 Views)

★★ Novice
hi im from isreal i can't call the advisor need help please
Message 10 of 111 (391,012 Views)