LENOVO Y50 - GTX 860M could not run the game

by Tarhana

Original Post

Re: LENOVO Y50 - GTX 860M could not run the game

★★★★ Novice

I literally started this thread so people would not buy the game with this graphic card, i do not think there is a refund because

EA will blame it on Nvidia, and Nvidia will blame it on the EA and they will keep tossing the ball and we consumers suffer because thats how it works.

You can cross your finger and some MIRACLE nvidia engineer decides to give a sh*t and update the driver properly, despite my 5 threads on Geforce forums, nobody has a solution yet neither. 

I am waiting on you guys to tell me when it is time to buy the game lol till then I will work more and try to make money haa

Message 11 of 20 (1,068 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Day 62, still no solution, sweet

Message 12 of 20 (1,048 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

nVIDIA has a corporate attitude of combativeness, rather than cooperation.  If EA / DICE asked them to provide technicsl information on their Optimus hardware and drivers to allow programmers to create a patch working around the ineptitude of nVIDIA's engineers, they almost certainly would seem to agree, and then do nothing. 

Without SOME kind of feedback, DICE is unlikely to attempt to backward engineer the drivers to trap whatever foolish error that nVIDIA has made, and won't actually apply resources to fix. 

My advice for the entire time that the Optimus product has existed is to avoid laptops relying on that faulty technology, and stick to AMD Radeons for mobile computers. 

Message 13 of 20 (1,042 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Nvidia Officially acknowledged and responded to the issue at GeForce Forums ( Yea, 2 Months and thousands of complaints later )

" ManuelGuzman said:Just a quick update. We believe we have identified the root cause and are in the process of creating a hotfix driver. As soon as the hotfix driver is available for download, we will make an announcement on this forum. "

forum can be reached from here

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/894437/geforce-drivers/please-fix-drivers-for-860m-/48/

thanks. 

Message 14 of 20 (1,029 Views)

Re: LENOVO Y50 - GTX 860M won't run this game

★★★★★ Expert

If they actually follow through, that's the first bright spot in the many years long debacle that is the career of all the Optimus cripples. 

Message 15 of 20 (1,026 Views)

★★★★ Novice

THE FIX IS HERE

ManuelGuzman said:Here is the hotfix driver:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3812

Message 16 of 20 (1,006 Views)

★ Novice

Sorry to ppop on your party, but the fix is an error?

Message 17 of 20 (764 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @xryluwu,

looking at the age of the thread, I'd recommend just getting the latest driver off the nvidia website right here.

Message 18 of 20 (752 Views)

★ Novice

sorry but my graphics card isnt an nVidia, it's an intel Pentium Dual Core 2.0 Ghz. Would you still have a fix for me?

Message 19 of 20 (732 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @xryluwu,

sorry for getting back at you so late - would you be so kind to provide a DxDiag file? Here's how you can do that.

This would provide information about your hardware, graphics card and drivers, which would make it easier to help.

Message 20 of 20 (712 Views)