Keybindings got removed, some still remain unbound

by Moutro

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Keybindings got removed, some still remain unbound

★★★★★ Novice

I joined a game and after the intro when i landed, all i could do was move the camera around with my mouse. I couldn't shoot, move, switch weapons, nothing at all. If i remember correctly, down on the left and under the icons it was saying "Unbound". So i reset the keybindings (all of them were removed, dunno how) and then i could move, shoot and all that. Although i still cannot switch weapons with 1, 2 buttons and during the intro the keys to change loadout and boost still say "Unbound".

I reset all the control options, repaired the game but nothing seems to work. Any ideas? Last time i played, a day or two ago, there was no problem at all.

Message 1 of 10 (2,553 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Keybindings got removed, some still remain unbound

Community Manager

I see, thank you. Can you try going to My Documents\Respawn\Titanfall2\local and remove the settings.cfg file. Then start the game back up and check if you still see the issue.

It may also help to unplug any USB devices other than your keyboard and mouse. 

If these don't help, I'd be interested to see if you can control your pilot in the campaign.

Cheers. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (2,539 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Thanks for the post. Can I check if you added any hardware or made any major changes to your PC since the game played without issue?

Cheers. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 10 (2,527 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I didn't add or change anything.
Message 3 of 10 (2,520 Views)

Community Manager

I see, thank you. Can you try going to My Documents\Respawn\Titanfall2\local and remove the settings.cfg file. Then start the game back up and check if you still see the issue.

It may also help to unplug any USB devices other than your keyboard and mouse. 

If these don't help, I'd be interested to see if you can control your pilot in the campaign.

Cheers. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 10 (2,540 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I tried to restore my save file. It was removed, keybindings issue was gone. I had a backup of my campaign progression which i copied back into. Logged back in and i lost all collectables/master difficulty, missions are unlocked though and keybindings issues are back... I'll try your suggestion with the configuration file and reply back.

Message 5 of 10 (2,507 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Ok, the configuration file seems it did the trick. Now i wish i didn't have to lose my campaign progression... What was the issue in first place though?

Message 6 of 10 (2,501 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for the update, it sounds like the config files were corrupted for some reason, but I wouldn't know why this might happen. 

As for progression, it sounds like you have a backup save file with your campaign progression. Can you copy just the savegames content back to My Documents\Respawn\Titanfall2\profile\savegames? This should restore your progress and shouldn't affect the other profile/keybind status. 

Sorry If I've misunderstood, but hopefully this helps you continue from the same spot. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 10 (2,486 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I did. I copied the save file only. All collectables are gone, master difficulty completion is gone too. The backup was made long time ago after i completed everything.

An other thing, before i removed the configuration file which seems to fix the keybindings issue, i tried to restore my save from game properties. It removed my campaign progress but fixed the keybindings. Then i copied my backup save and keybindings issue started again.

The save file alone does not contain any configuration settings or anything like that, does it?

Message 8 of 10 (2,484 Views)

Community Manager

As far as I'm aware the savegames files should just contain progress info/savestates.

There's also the profile.cfg in profile which does reference some control data and could be a factor, However the main reference for controls/binds is settings.cfg in Respawn\Titanfall2\local

If you don't have a backup of your game saves that is more recent, then it looks like you're out of luck, sorry. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 10 (2,468 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I only copied the savegame file, which was at least a working one. Weird issue that many people seem to be having.

Message 10 of 10 (2,464 Views)