Re: Joining any multiplayer mode puts me into an empty session, waiting for play

by Brandon_Lloyd_5

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Joining any multiplayer mode puts me into an empty session, waiting for players

★★★★ Novice

Game starts, loads fine, starts origin with it.

I go to the multiplayer portal, the multiplayer selection shows my ping as low <70ms (Australia), I select any mode and enable the portal, I enter the portal.

It sits on 'finding BEST game' for up to 5-15 seconds before it 'found BEST game' and puts me into an empty session with myself 'waiting for players'

things I have tried to remedy this:

-Disable Firewall & AV

-Disable FW/AV services as well as any services that are not microsoft related and rebooting

-Changing regions

-Changing modes

-disabling windows firewall

-uninstalling antivirus

-starting origin service before launching origin/the game

Message 1 of 10 (1,721 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Joining any multiplayer mode puts me into an empty session, waiting for play

★★★★ Novice

Issue appears to be lack of players on PC, rather than a connectivity issue. I think we can safely blame Origin and always online, anti consumer tactics.

View in thread

Message 5 of 10 (1,694 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hmm ok Ill look into it, @EA_Andy any ideas?

Also have you tried to join other regions (even if the lag would be bad) to see if there are people there?

Message 2 of 10 (1,705 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

It's probably my end, but yes I tried Asia and one of the american regions and both times I ended up in a game by myself, a little more info:

-New installation of windows 7, < 2 weeks old

-Installed origin to install GW2

-Reinstalled origin earlier today attempting to fix online

-game starts windowed mode, and with alt enter I can go fullscreen while loading, I see the origin ingame message when I start the game but I can't access it through the hotkeys and contextual menus of the game tell me that origin ingame is not running (viewing my own profile in an empty session, the buy credits button of the sticker shop, few other places)

edit: I've put myself in front of my NAT instead of being behind it, hasn't fixed my problem sadly but I also fixed the origin overlay issues.

Message 3 of 10 (1,701 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am having the same problem as you. North America East Coast, did everything you did and it still doesn't work. Garden Ops works fine as far as multiplayer is concerned.

Message 4 of 10 (1,678 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Issue appears to be lack of players on PC, rather than a connectivity issue. I think we can safely blame Origin and always online, anti consumer tactics.

Message 5 of 10 (1,695 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem.

I tried one of the American servers and went straight in with 20 other players.

And there was almost no lag,  so i got my fix.

My ping was quite high for Australian server,  around the 100 mark,

But no other players at any time of the day and night ?

Message 6 of 10 (1,557 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I having the exact same problem - my difference is that I used the trial version first then bought deluxe - No multiplayer in normal or Garden Ops - every session I try for is empty

tried lots of things including changing to North America with 210 ping - I am from Australia

Tried contacting EA help yesterday - they told me to contact them later in the night as there was no one available to help me - I translate that to - no one was on that knew anything - tried again just now and the Live Chat isn't even enabled - meaning no one is there .....

EA/Origin is not making a great impression support wise and product wise here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated from the community.

Message 7 of 10 (1,481 Views)

★★★ Newbie

But i went into servers with 300+ Ping and still keep getting empty servers, what to do ;-; I just wanna try multiplayer

Message 8 of 10 (1,395 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i also have had the same problem. the only online gamemode i can play is turftakeover on north america west. Nothing else worlks

Message 9 of 10 (1,324 Views)

★★★ Newbie
still doesnt work
Message 10 of 10 (1,048 Views)