Re: [Info request] Ads not playing

by Belanar

Original Post

★★ Guide

Apparently, this is done by a third party, and the amount varies. They also claim they don't know how much everyone gets, and how often. Maybe I'm just naturally a cynic, but I find this hard to believe. EA allowing a third party to give out miscellaneous amounts of gems for watching ads but not allowing everyone to have the same amount of opportunity clearly makes the playing field very unequal.  This is why I'm now so peeved about never getting the opportunity to gain those gems. 

I know it's now affecting my game as this new season I'm losing game, after game.. Yet, last season, I got to ultimate and it was not as hard. I've said to EA help they should let everyone know the situation, before spending as much time as I have on this game. By the way, there was no mention of them trying to fix this problem. 😢 I feel like I'm merely being an opponent for someone. 

Message 31 of 73 (2,513 Views)

Re: Ads not giving gems, instead displaying this message

★★ Apprentice
I have spent a small fortune on this game(not bragging), that said...

First, you lowered the amount of Gems that we receive per Ad(NOT cool)... the Ads we watched then made you just as much revenue as the ads we watch now.
IF we watch an Ad, we should not be receiving the "Oops something wrong" screen AFTER we have watched an Ad... we should be paid out for that ad... I don't want to think that anyone is guilty of "bait and switch" here... but as a player/customer... that's what it feels like...

Also, might I suggest that the team implement 2 additional systems:

1. Daily login rewards

2. A "patron" system:
Example: $2.99-$4.99 per month gets us a set number of gems per day, as well as a random Legendary Card. Something to this effect.

These are great ways to keep players: both non-pay, and pay-to-play coming no back every day!

Thanks for Reading.
Message 32 of 73 (2,455 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Also, may I add that we also cannot watch an ad for the failed challenge, this is a HUGE disadvantage as this can cause us to miss out on 7 day rewards, which also hinders progress, just thought i'd add that.

Message 33 of 73 (2,438 Views)

★★ Guide

I never even realised that.. This whole saga, is making it very unfair. EA don't seem to be bothered about this situation at all, as nothing seems to be getting done. Not even a reply on here. 

Message 34 of 73 (2,428 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

solution to gems for me for yesterday and today.

click on "FREE"

if successful, do not hit "Watch Ad" when it asks if I want to "watch another"

instead, close pop-up using top right "x"

click on "FREE" again

repeat

Message 35 of 73 (2,406 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sadly, some of us don't have the option to do this, A great solution to those with the original issue, but this post has sorta developed to generalization of all archetypes of ad. Thanks for helping in that regard, its just difficult for those without the option. I will certainly use your method in the future if I can access advertisements in the first place Standard smile

Message 36 of 73 (2,397 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@EA_Roger

just wanted to point out that 

1) I can't play any ads for gems (every time I try, i get a shaded overlay and then 5-10 seconds later I can click "X" to close)

but at the same time, when I fail on the daily challenge - playing an ad to allow me to try again - works without fail. The ad for gems issue has been going for months now, but in all of that time, I have never had a problem resetting the daily challenge by watching an ad.

Message 37 of 73 (2,364 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Up until about a week ago I could get gems for about 75% of the ads I watched (the rest were the "there is a problem" errors or sometimes the one where nothing happens and you have to force quit). For the past week I've only gotten gems for maybe 10% of the ads. I've kinda given up on watching them. I try a couple each day just to see if they've fixed it yet.

Message 38 of 73 (2,334 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

For what it's worth ad views are back to normal for me - better than before even as I only get the "problem" error about 10% of the time at the moment.

It would be really nice if the game would cache the credit for viewing an ad and apply it later if there's a "problem" after you view one.

Message 39 of 73 (2,263 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I tried resetting my ads but it didn't do anything and this pops up along with the fact that every time I send a reply back to support they don't seem to receive it.
Message 40 of 73 (2,146 Views)