Re: In case you were wondering Orgin, It still doesnt work. PLEASE FIX GAME!

by Diabloskeeper

Original Post

In case you were wondering Orgin, It still doesnt work. PLEASE FIX GAME!

★ Apprentice

I mean seriously at this point, what is this forum for?

Do we really have to wait for the Star Wars 2 beta to be over for this to work again?

Message 1 of 7 (619 Views)

★★★ Novice

you know, I came here to hope there was some progress on this front. I was hoping that there'd be at least some offer of help that wasn't some generic piece of bs. It's really disappointing that EA can't be bothered to help us after so many days of being ignored.  Switching to the EU server is no longer an easy alternative, as it'll take 4-6 tries to actually get into a game 

Message 2 of 7 (595 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

[Removed tagged Community Managers]

OK. All EA Associates. You may ask why you have ALL been added to this thread.

Well, reason is - we are tired of trying to get you to assist us. I am hoping this - as a last ditch effort will WAKE YOUR COMPANY UP before we are forced to take this to the news outlets. This is getting ridicules. You are a fortune 500 company and you are acting like a third world middle east country with no water and no power.

•WE GET THAT YOU HAVE STAR WARS 2. NO ONE CARES!

• This is now past 6 days of you giving no shiz.

• Ive spoken to Matt Nutt on the phone, because he was easier to get ahold of than anyone else in your company. Matt Nutts the former CEO of popcap studios, and he doesnt like you.
^Poor Matt Nutt gets phone calls every week from customers trying to get support since they are tired of working with your completely not trained staff for phone/chat support.

•Do you see how many threads we have on this subject? How many I have on this subject? How many times we have emailed and called you?

•Please assist us.... I dont want to have to start writing hand written letters to your comapny as well as the news agency's along with the threads from reddit and here that we have saved to show that EA IS DOING NOTHING TO ASSIST US. YOU HAVE STUCK YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND AND HOPE WE BUY A DIFFERENT GAME!

• Do you know what the age range for this game is? You are effectively keeping children from playing a video game.... They dont know how to keep on you, to get you to fix the game.... I do.

Message 3 of 7 (593 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

[Removed tagged Community Managers]

Since there is a 20 person limit, here is the rest of the EA team on this forum. I hope that one of you can assist us....

Message 4 of 7 (592 Views)

★ Apprentice

Going to do a bit of testing after I get home from work - but it allowed me to join an empty session on both east and west just a moment ago for turf takeover.

The ping for the east coast is currently 60 higher than normal - the west coast is actually faster (which normally it isnt)

I will test this out later (when I get back) and when there are people on to test with.

Thank you if you have actually done something toward correcting the problem.

Message 5 of 7 (587 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@Diabloskeeper @whyisfireorange

I see that you tagged me, but I'm not familiar with the problem you are referring to. Could you clarify what doesn't work for you? I can then take a look.

Thank you,

Message 6 of 7 (541 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hello @Straatford87

As of this morning it appears to be working for everyone again. The issue was that we were not able to connect to the 'Turf Takeover' mode of multiplayer on either the East or West coast servers. We were still able to connect to the Europe server for 'Turf Takeover'. The issue started the day that the Star Wars 2 beta launched.

I did receive a call this morning from a very nice higher level tech that was going to forward the information on to pop cap (as well as the issue when we first join the game, in which it asks us to select a character and then doesn't do anything. You need to hit switch character when this bug occurs to continue without having to restart.)

It was frustrating but we are through it Standard smile

*I do find it highly concerning that the downtime for us was during the beta for Star Wars. I had even mentioned this on the phone to multiple different reps and online. It amazes me that no one listened to me and that the game is magically working now that the beta is over.

This would lead us to believe that you do not have adequate hosting resources and the reason for why our game could not spawn new instances of our multiplayer mode was highly possibly due to the fact that you had to many resources on the servers dedicated to hosting the beta for an unreleased game. When I called in, I was assured after being put on hold that people were playing 'turf takeover' and that I just could not connect and that I needed to submit UO Traces, which you cant just copy and paste. I explained to the people that this was not a connection issue as I could connect to the main server as well as the east and west coast servers were still there with a ping. I could connect and play on the Europe server.

I just dont know why it had to be so hard to get assistance Frown

They said they had passed the ticket up to tier II on day one of the issue, launch day for the beta for star wars. How can 6 days go by on a high priority ticket like that? We didnt even get an outage notice. The games age range for players is 6 to old peeps with a majority of them being in that 6-12 range. They just had 6 days of trying to figure out why the game did not work and possibly spent hours trying to troubleshoot an issue that was not on their side.

Message 7 of 7 (533 Views)