by AyyBuddyGuy

Original Post

Immediate crashing entering multiplayer

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have TitanX SLIx2

I have an Acer XB280HK G-Sync monitor.

All drivers current.

My game has worked perfectly with maxed (insane) settings until a few days ago.

First, it started stuttering during titanfall animations

Next, it started dropping me to desktop during matches

Then, it started dropping me as soon as a match starts

Now, it drops me when I launch multiplayer

I wish I had screenshots of the error messages, but I think they started as software crashes, turned into hardware faults, and now generic "program stopped responding" system popups accompanied by a white background.

I can still get into campaign mode for some reason.

(so far only one i have tried to load is that first training run)

Message 1 of 8 (501 Views)

Re: Immediate crashing entering multiplayer

★★ Novice

also before all this origin.exe kept eating my computer resources until i had to use the power cord to cycle power.

like, every single time i stopped playing TF2, i have to manually end-task all origin-related software or my computer will die.

Message 2 of 8 (493 Views)

Hero

Hello .

Please, attach to a message txt file of dxdiag.

Message 3 of 8 (481 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @AyyBuddyGuy 

If the campaign works fine, I would guess the problem is with your network connection. Try some troubleshooting steps from our article here . Restarting your router might also do the trick. 

Keep us posted on your progress.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 4 of 8 (476 Views)

★★ Novice

attached:

dxdiag.txt

tf2err.jpg

thank you for helping me, it has slowed down a bit and doesn't happen every other time.

it happened again though, so i checked the forum and am now updating this post Standard smile

the picture is what i see at the time TF2 crashes.

Since then, I also unplugged my 2nd monitor to see if somehow 2 monitors were causing an issue.

(the second one is the same acer brand, but 1080p instead of 4k)

Message 5 of 8 (458 Views)

Hero

try to update drivers on my way Standard smile:

- install all Windows updates, restart PC

- download dxwebsetup and run/install it as Admin

- download Intel ME, unzip all and run/install it as Admin

- download chipset drivers and run/install as Admin, restart PC

- uninstall Nvidia GPU driver, restart PC, install this version as Admin with "clean install" option, restart PC

- check that game use the Nvidia GPU in "Program settings" tab set "Select the preferred graphics processor for this program:" to "High-performance NVIDIA processor" (1, 2)

- also if u use one display set "Multi-display/Mixed-GPU Acceleration" in nvidia driver to "Single Display Performance Mode";

- also try to change "Power Management Mode" in ur game profile in video driver settings to "Prefer Maximum Performance".

- check and close\disable all programs like this

- Disabling Xbox DVR https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6239-DZCB-8600

- close/disable programs like this CREATIVE, Siberia, Razer and Genie Timeline

- run Origin as Admin, try to play...

Message 6 of 8 (453 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thank you!

Ever since I did this, I have not been kicked out of multiplayer, or Titanfall 2 for that matter! Apparently my drivers were not as up to date as I thought they were.

However (sorry), today origin.exe prevented ctrl-alt-delete from manifesting the Task Manager. The only way of regaining control of my computer was to shut it down.

Luckily, I was able to use windows to shut down.

At the last moment an error window identified origin.exe as the culprit for not allowing my windows to summon the Task Manager.

(clicking 'X' continued the shutdown process)

I tried to get a screenshot (ctrl-prtscr) but it failed to work.

Playing Titanfall 2 is really fun, I like it a lot. I main Legion and have a G2 LSTAR.

The thing is, my computer did not do this before installing origin.exe and I would very much like it to stop randomly freezing up.

Titanfall is not fun enough (although, im still playing a lot so maybe it is) to keep dealing with my system freezing up (while not playing Titanfall2) and calling out origin.exe in various ways during its final death throes toward either a total system hang or a pulling of the power cord.

This is all very concerning to me for several reasons.

Please help, thank you.

Message 7 of 8 (411 Views)

Hero

Please, again attach to a message txt file of dxdiag.

Also run command prompt as Admin, enter a command (then zip *.evtx files from our desktop and attach it to a message):
for /D %T in (Application Setup System)do wevtutil epl %T "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\%T.evtx" /ow:true

Message 8 of 8 (385 Views)