[INFO REQUEST] - Lags after 09/21 Update?

by EA_Joker

Original Post

Re: [INFO REQUEST] - Lags after 09/21 Update?

★★★★★ Newbie

- Platform (PC / PS4 / XOne): PS4
- Server Region: EU-Middle East-Asia
- ISP: ooredoo
- Game mode: all
- Map: all
- Average Ping:140-248
- Warning Symbol appearing on screen (if applicable, see below): always dark yellow

Nothing has been change for me while I having a fast internet as show in the attached screen shots

Can anyone help !! Frown
Message 21 of 91 (1,166 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The situation regarding lag after today's patch for me is (worse / equal / better): -WORSE

The situation regarding delayed kill, hit and death notifications after today's patch for me is (worse / equal / better): -WORSE

Platform (PC / PS4 / XOne): - PS4

Server Region: - JAPAN/HONG KONG

ISP:

Game mode: CONQUEST

Map: ALL MAPS

Average Ping: 200++

Warning Symbol appearing on screen (if applicable, see below): YES...

Extra Info: after the update, the lowest ping i got is 120/130..but now everytime i played the game, it like 200++...OMG...how i wanna play if the ping is like *?

Message 22 of 91 (1,147 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

- Platform (PC / PS4 / XOne): PC 

- Server Region: Asia

- ISP: UNIFI

- Game mode: All

- Map: All

- Average Ping: Before Lupkow Pass (50-100ms), after Lupkow pass and ITNOTT (200-400ms)

- Warning Symbol appearing on screen (if applicable, see below): Packet loss and high latency icon. Server performance quite frequently.

- Extra Info

It has been a few weeks since I last played with decent ping. Even the 210917 update does not fix my problem. My friend from my countries are having the same problem too. DICE please fix it man. I'm a veteran since BF3 days, doesn't want to give up on playing BF series. This is getting more and more frustrating.

ScreenshotWin32_Final_002.png

Message 23 of 91 (1,131 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

The situation regarding lag after today's patch for me is (worse / equal / better): Worse

The situation regarding delayed kill, hit and death notifications after today's patch for me is (worse / equal / better): Better

- Platform (PC / PS4 / XOne): PC

- Server Region: Europe

- ISP: Elisa

- Game mode:Domination/Operations/Conquest

- Map: Amiens (Domination) , Galicia (Operations), Ballroom Blitz/Argonne Forest (Operations), Verdun Heights/Soissons (Conquest), Rapture (Domination)

- Average Ping: Amiens (Dom) : 100+ , Galicia (Op) : 100+ , Ballroom Blitz/Argonne Forest (Op) : 60-100+, Verdun Heights/Soissons (Conq) : ~60 , Rapture (Dom) : ~50.

- Average Ping before patch : ~30-40.

- Warning Symbol appearing on screen (if applicable, see below): Server Performance (Warning) , Latency (Warning) . Will explain more on extra infos.

- Extra Info: So, I played a few rounds at different timings, every round searched on Quickmatch. Giving explanation on each.

First of all, when I launched the game after patch, my FPS was a nice 2-3 on the game's menu. Even on the screen with just the still image of a russian genderfluid person, the FPS was a nice 2-3 with the particles on the background resembling old 70's Space Invaders. After shutting down the game, running a Repair and launching again, the issue seemed to have solved itself. Whether it was the restart of the Repair, no idea, but figured it never hurts to run a Repair when something like that happens.

#1: Amiens (Domination) : Absolutely unplayable. Played right after the patch had come out and it was just.. Something. Ping jumped around between 60 and 200, stayed at an average of ~100. It felt like a mysterious spectral force is rocking my character left to right, forward and backward and very simply running straight was a challenge. Any kind of conventional gameplay was absolutely impossible. Everyone had their ping at around 60-70 at least and everyone on the chat was complaining about the lag so it was not just me. Players on my screen themselves seemed to move fine, but my own experience playing with my own character was absolutely ridiculously hilariously bad. I haven't felt such a tear, jitter and lag in the last decade of online gaming. Server Performance (Warning) and Latency (Warning) icons were constantly on screen.

#2: Galicia (Operations) : Much similar experience, though ever so slightly better. My ping was still high as a kite but the mysterious spectral force rocked my character around only occasionally. It was occasionally possible to fire an enemy with my gun but spamming explosives proved much more efficient. Much similarly to Amiens, everyone's ping seemed very high on average.  Server Performance (Warning) was constantly on screen, Latency (Warning) occasionally).

#3: Ballroom Blitz/Argonne Forest (Operations) : The round felt alright at first during Ballroom Blitz though everyone was complaining about the lag. My own ping was around ~60, which was lower than the earlier rounds but still higher than normal. Everything seemed relatively okay my own end, until Argonne Forest. When the battle started happening around the train that the enemy got, the game performance went south very fast. Server Performance (Warning) icon appeared, Latency (Warning) icon started jumping around every now and then and the spectral forces pushing my character around were back. The game became very much unplayable. Until the very last points the game felt absolutely impossible to play and I resorted to just supporting instead. This was where I stopped playing right after the patch.

#4: Amiens (Domination) : After 12 hours from the patch, I went to try and play Domination again. The experience, just like the map, was the very same as before so I ended up quitting the game and trying out something else instead.

#5: Verdun Heights/Soissons (Conquest) : To my surprise, the game was playable. Ping averaged at ~60 which is still far higher than it should normally be and everyone elses pings seemed higher than usual (50-70) . But the game was very playable and actually enjoyable. I did end feeling like I died to magic way more often than usual (Someone killing me behind walls and the like) but at least the game was able to be played so I enjoyed my time for two maps worth on the same server. Server Performance icon wasn't around, Latency icon flashed quickly on the screen every now and then. Playable, but definitely worse than I am used to.

#6: Rapture (Domination) : Tried just now, after giving the game a rest for a day. Ping averaged at ~50, which is still higher than it should be. Others ping seemed to average higher than normal as well (~45-60). I died less to magic, though I felt like I still got hit from angles where I really shouldn't get hit by which makes me think lag is playing an effect to things still. No icons flashing on screen whatsoever. Enjoyable and playable right now, though the overall performance is still worse than it used to be before.

Overall, I would dare say I haven't had this poor experience with lag in the game ever since Open Beta. The notification lag bug is gone, but the overall gameplay feels worse than before. Other characters do not lag on my screen, my own hit detection to other players feels fine, but I feel like others are able to hit me when I am already behind cover far more often resulting in more frustration than before. And like I've mentioned, the first 4 games I tried to play 0-12 hours after the patch were nigh unplayable with my own control of my own character even being jittery and unresponsive.

My local connection itself would seem quite fine and stable. Ping testing right now, I get 10 ping to Helsinki, 35 to London, 39 to Dublin, 25 to Amsterdam, 30 to Berlin.. Running UOTrace on easo.ea.com shows to me that there is no packet loss and the average ping is close to equal to the best ping requests obtained. Pings themselves also resemble the kind of pings I am used to getting from BF1 itself before. So I have no clue what would bloat my ping to the BF1 servers by 20-30 somewhere in-between there. The spectral jittery movement on those rounds with bad ping probably would happen due to jumpy latency, which the game did give warning icons for.

All in all, I would much rather have my notifications come to me with a lag of ten seconds than my overall gameplay feeling worse. Former was a nuisance, the latter makes me enjoy the game itself less.

Conclusion : Notification lag is gone, but my average ping even when everything is working fine increased from 30-40 to 50-60 , at worst to 100+ together with jitter.

Message 24 of 91 (1,116 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Before the PrePatch i had those issues already (think with august patch)!

With the patch yesterday i had the lags etc. after the 5 map (amiens). So i could at least play 4 maps without lags.

PrePatch:

Platform: PC

- Server Region: EU

- ISP: Vodafone

- Game mode: Conquest (only play Conquest)

- Map: All of them

- Average Ping: 30-40

- Warning Symbol appearing on screen: Server (Warning & Severe)

- I am experiencing lag: Yes

- I am experiencing an issue where the kill, hit and death notifications show up delayed: Yes

- Extra Info: Hit markers on targets (vehicles and character) but no damage. Bullets/shells disappearing into thin air.

Post Patch

Platform: PC

- Server Region: EU

- ISP: Vodafone

- Game mode: Conquest (only play Conquest)

- Map: Amiens and following maps

- Average Ping: 40+

- Warning Symbol appearing on screen: Server (Warning) sometimes

- I am experiencing lag: Yes, but it is better after the patch. Played 5 different rounds withouth problems or lags, till Amiens. During amiens and the rounds after Amiens ive had hard rubberbanding, lags etc like PrePatch

- I am experiencing an issue where the kill, hit and death notifications show up delayed: see above

Message 25 of 91 (1,085 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The situation regarding lag after today's patch for me is (worse / equal / better): Worse

The situation regarding delayed kill, hit and death notifications after today's patch for me is (worse / equal / better): Worse

- Platform (PC / PS4 / XOne): Xbox One

- Server Region: EU

- ISP: Caiway

- Game mode: Operations

- Map: all (if any)

- Average Ping: 20

- Warning Symbol appearing on screen (if applicable, see below): Server Performance Warning and Warning Latency Variation

- Extra Info: Before the patch I only had bullet hit registration problems. But now, I'm lucky if I can connect to any server in Operations. If I do connect to ANY operations it connects me to 3 or 4 servers that then lost the connection to the server and i pressed (x) connect to any so why connect to a server that can't even connect!! If I play for an hour I'm usually 35 min trying to connect. Map loads forever and I can thank who ever if i can play the last round of operations. Before the patch i didn't have much trouble not even high ping (im on fiber and have average of 20). Also, and this might not be related, but since the free trial thing its like the servers (or EA or whoever) never beefed up the server capacity/connections.

Message 26 of 91 (1,069 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
- Lags after 09/21
- Platform (PC / PS4 / XOne): PS4
- Server Region: SouthAmerica
- ISP: telefonica speedy
- Game mode: all of them
- Map: all of them
- Average Ping: 200
- Warning Symbol appearing on screen (if applicable, see below): all of them
Message 27 of 91 (1,068 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The situation regarding lag after today's patch for me is equal

The situation regarding delayed kill, hit and death notifications after today's patch for me is equal 

- Platform PC 

- Server Region: EU 

- ISP: UnityMedia

- Game mode: CQ

- Map: Vanilla maps

- Average Ping: 37

- Warning Symbol appearing on screen (if applicable, see below): server performance (warning and severe)

Message 28 of 91 (1,064 Views)

★★★ Newbie
La situación con respecto al retraso después del parche de hoy para mí es (peor / igual / mejor):
- La situación con respecto a las notificaciones de matanza, golpe y muerte tardías después del parche de hoy para mí es (peor / igual / mejor):

- Plataforma (PC / PS4 / XOne): ps4
- Región del servidor : Sudamérica
- País : Argentina
- ISP :
- Modo de juego : todos
- Mapa : todos
- Promedio de ping: 160
- Símbolo de advertencia que aparece en la pantalla server en rojo y relojes en amarillos y rojo
Message 29 of 91 (1,043 Views)

★ Novice

- Platform PC

- Szerverkörzet  

- Ország : Hungary

- ISP  

- Játék mód  Conquest

- Térkép  all

- Átlag Ping: 58...78

- Figyelem A szimbólum megjelenik a képernyőn (ha alkalmazható, lásd alább):   W! low fps

- Extra információ  150-200 were fps for me. He looked promising until a year. The 25-75. is ripping now. I cannot be playing. ÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁ... Frown

Message 30 of 91 (1,042 Views)