Re: Get to Work lots are disappearing and messing the savegame.

by ceunon20

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

Hi @SimQARobo

I have shared the files in the post above but sadly not before the bug occurs.
I can create a new save game to reproduce the bug and share it here in this case. Should you be ok with that?

Message 221 of 557 (1,146 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

@ceunon20

Yes, if you can send us saves from before the issue occurs and (if possible) also provide steps that lead to the missing lots, that would be great.

Thank you!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 222 of 557 (1,137 Views)

Re: Disappearing lots

★★★★ Novice
Ok so I have figured out why my lots were disappearing. I usually start by making a new Sim/family, then I try to figure out if I want to either put them in an existing house, or I want to build/download a house from the gallery. I start playing, downloading businesses, other houses and maybe even moving people into other lots when one of my sims ages up/gets married etc. Then maybe I want to start a new family and play both at the same time. I exit out of the game to the main menu, click on "new game" make my new sim and go to move it into a lot and bam all lots/families disappeared and it is like a new game. Newcrest is empty, all sims that I moved into existing lots disappear. It took me months and two new computers to figure it out. (Continue next post)
Message 223 of 557 (1,128 Views)

★★★★ Novice
So I backed out, cancelled the new family and went back in and selected "load game; it was all there, everything. It is when they changed the loading screen. That is the whole thing. It is like you have two different dimensions where your old game and new game haven't merged. You have to create a Sims from your manage world screen and not back out completely and push "new game" because it literally means a whole brand new game.
Message 224 of 557 (1,128 Views)

Hero

Hi @daisychain08

thank you for pointing that out but the issue in this thread is that the houses actually disappear. The families are still there.

Since they changed the way you add a family to your game, a lot of people are confused and have the issue you're seeing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 225 of 557 (1,123 Views)

★★★★ Guide

My oldest savegame is this one: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtmbQyEtx3iijr1O1x_dzI1m4zLHlg

But not too old at all...

Sadly that savegame is not from my newest game that was send before and because of this I don't know if will be possible to reproduce the issue. 

If you click on "recover savegame" you can find a save from 29/07/2017 in there.

I'm trying to reconstruct Get to Work's lots again to create a new save before the bug happens. 

I'll post it here soon as possible. Wink

Message 226 of 557 (1,109 Views)

Re: [INFO REQUEST] Houses/Lots disappear

★★★ Novice
  • Are you using mods and custom content in your game ? If no, did you remove or never use ?
    No - Never
  • Do you download houses from the Gallery ?
    I have in the past, but all of my lots were deleted and I haven't put any of the downloaded lots back in.
  • Which expansion do you have ?
    Get to Work, Get Together, Parenthood
  • What's your operating system ?
    Windows 10
  • Which house(s) are gone ? NPC Houses ? GTW lots ? Your own ?
    Every lot that I've built myself or played in, all of Newcrest..
  • When did this occur ? When you loaded the game or on traveling ?
    This happens after I create a new family in CAS or when I want to move a Sim to a new lot.
  • Is just the house gone from the lot or the Sims too ?
    Both
  • How much disc space do you have left on your hard drive (the one where the user folder is in) ?
    300+ GB
  • Anything else that comes to mind ?
    I tried resetting back to a previous save, but it was never a permanent fix, so I eventually just accepted the loss of all of my lots and have started over, but it's still happening again.
Message 227 of 557 (1,020 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @beebray

Do you still have save files from when those houses were still playable (before they disappeared)?  If so, would you be willing to send them to me?  (Instructions here)

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 228 of 557 (999 Views)

★ Novice

I've recently had this problem too :/ I saw that this thread was created in 2015, a bit disappointed that this bug hasn't been fixed

Are you using mods and custom content in your game ? If no, did you remove or never use ?

I am, but I've played the game before the bug occurred on the same game with this content, and it still worked.
Do you download houses from the Gallery ?

I do sometimes, not often
Which expansion do you have ?

City living, Get to work, Get Together
What's your operating system ?

PC? I don't know what this means
Which house(s) are gone ? NPC Houses ? GTW lots ? Your own ?
The only lots that are gone are the ones I make, along with the Sims inside of it.
When did this occur ? When you loaded the game or on traveling ?
It happens when I put another lot with a household in it. 
Is just the house gone from the lot or the Sims too ?
Both are gone
How much disc space do you have left on your hard drive (the one where the user folder is in) ?
1.81 TB
Anything else that comes to mind ?

Nothing, I just want to play the game while having multiple households in my world.

Message 229 of 557 (990 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Playing the game on: Windows 7/200 GB HD left/ Most of the expansions/ No Mods/ No CC/ No Gallery Downloads.

Even though I used to play Sims 1, Sims 3, and haven't played Sims 4 for long, I also am experiencing loss of houses I have built on some of the world screens. However, I want to report what I am seeing, and how I get arond this issue.

Someone on the earlier pages mentioned the phrase "different dimensions'" and that is what it looks like to me, also.

I have only played my game with ONE NEW GAME button, and all my play has been as "LOAD GAME" from the photos of my saved games page.

I have created about 8 of my own new families, and play with them either in the Willow Creek world, or Forgotten Hollow.

I report that when I choose a certain saved game/family to play from the Load Game screen, it takes me first to an overview of that world where I can still choose the family the saved game was last played in, OR, I can choose to play in another lot/household if I want.

What I am experiencing is, my family and the house I built for them is there, and maybe one or three other families are there, but not always the houses as I changed them, and not always the other families I placed in that world. If I choose to play BFF, (I renamed them as Summer, Liberty and Travis, gave them updated clothes and saved them as "Summer Liberty and Travis" in My Library), They and their house I built on to from the generated house is there, but maybe the Feathers family and my Cooks family is not in their houses. But if I exit the entire game without saving (no play, just looking,) and start again from the Main Game Statup screen, and then choose LOAD GAME, it again takes me to my saved game pics screen, I choose the Feathers or Cooks family and it takes me again to an overlook of the neighborhood, and now the BFF/Summer, Liberty, and Travis are not in their house, their house has reverted back to the generated house, but my Cooks are in their house, and maybe Feathers are in their house, but the Goths have reverted back to their old house as if I never played them.

I have lost one game from my Load Game screen, but can find them again if I open another families saved game from this screen, go to their house and then travel from there to the family I lost fom the Load Game screen, and resave them as a new Save. This recovers a family I have lost and I can get them into CAS and resave them with some new clothes to My Library. 

Anyways, the point is: Some Houses are really STILL THERE for other players. They just can't be seen in whatever way they are choosing to find them. Try choosing their neighborhood by choosing another saved game with another family in that sameneighborhood, and when the game takes you to the neighborhood world to play the family you chose, Look and see if your other lost family is in their house in that dimensions neighborhood. Hope this helps. mh2

Message 230 of 557 (974 Views)