Re: I enter the game, press the space bar, but nothing happens

by GrimSkr

Original Post

EA DICE Team

@XerxesYO

Hi,

I replied to you in another thread as well.

It seems that your gpu doesn't meet the minimum requirements for Need for Speed. This means that if the game runs into any issues that we won't be able to troubleshoot further.

Message 11 of 22 (1,861 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi @Straatford87,

sometime ago I got the same problem with the message to update intel drivers. I checked out the link for how to create a graphics card profile, but it says that the page doesn't exist anymore. I have played the game on this computer. What I also noticed, is that when I check the device manager I get an error on the video card driver - Code 43. I tried to deinstall and update it, but it dint work. I also send you a DxDiag report and hope that you could help me.  Standard smile

Message 12 of 22 (1,826 Views)

EA DICE Team

@joanisimus

Hi,

Two things that I could see on your dxdiag:

• Your Windows 8 installation isn't fully updated
  • Your Geforce 740M graphics adaptor won't be able to run Need for Speed
Message 13 of 22 (1,810 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Straatford87

Hi, 

as I said, I have played the game earlier this year on the same computer. For a couple of months it was totally fine and ran with absolutely no problems. How is it possible that now my graphics adapter can't handle it? Is there anything that I could try?

Message 14 of 22 (1,799 Views)

EA DICE Team

@joanisimus

I cannot give you any guarantees since you don't meet the minimum requirements - any updates to the Origin client, the game or your Windows installation could cause the game to stop working when your computer is below the minimum specs.

Try closing as much programs as possible and make sure that you have the latest drivers updates for your graphics card.

Message 15 of 22 (1,786 Views)

★ Novice

i have som problems to maybe you can lok at it

Message 16 of 22 (1,758 Views)

EA DICE Team

@pumbba96

Make sure that you run Need for Speed with your 960M card instead of the Intel HD Graphics.

Please also check if your system fully meets the requirements for the game - I do expect it to do so, but since mobile graphics cards are weaker than their desktop counterparts it is worth double-checking:

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/need-for-speed-2016/13109

Message 17 of 22 (1,748 Views)

★ Novice

it still dosen't work dont know what the problem seems to be

Message 18 of 22 (1,740 Views)

EA DICE Team

@pumbba96

Hi there,

Have you tried hitting Alt + Enter on your keyboard? That will enable windowed mode which should allow to continue within the game.

Message 19 of 22 (1,723 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Dunno if u still have the problem but if your hdmi or display or whatever your using make sure you've plugged it into ur graphics card and restarted your pc. I had a two screen setup with two hdmi's (coz im dumb) which then caused me use the motherboards graphics card instead of my main graphics card.

Message 20 of 22 (1,597 Views)