Re: I can't remove my authenticator without my authenticator

by EA_Kristi

Original Post

I can't remove my authenticator without my authenticator

★★ Novice

This is horrific, I've spent the last half hour navigation around the support websites trying to contact EA in one way or another. 

I need to remove my authenticator as I no longer have the same mobile I used when I originally set it up. However I can't remove the authenticator without having the authenticator.. sick.. 
I can't even view the backup codes on a trusted device without having the authenticator.. yes, well done. Please help..

Message 1 of 5 (358 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello @CossieOne,

My sincerest apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this issue has caused.

This is something our Advisors would need to look into via Live Chat or phone call. If you follow the steps below you should be able to reach an Advisor without needing to log in:

1. Go to https://help.ea.com/au/contact-us/?product=origin&platform=pc (make sure you are indeed logged out in top right hand corner of the page)
  2. Select 'Manage my account' and 'Manage security settings'
  3. Select the relevant options - 'Origin 10', 'Login Verification', 'Yes, I am having an issue...'
  4. On the 'Sign in' page select the 'Click Here'
  5. Fill in your details (Name and email)
  6. Select a contact option

This should get you in touch with an Advisor who after verifying your account ownership should be able to help.

Let us know how you get on.
- Kristi

Message 2 of 5 (350 Views)

★★ Novice

The problem is, it won't let me contact live support, it allows me to either call them or have them call me if I am under a canadian or american phone number, which I'm not.

Message 3 of 5 (330 Views)

★★ Novice

P.S I can access my account from my computer, that's not a problem. I'm not calling your support because I'm not too fond of having an hour long phone call charge from being on hold Standard smile))))

Message 4 of 5 (329 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @CossieOne,

Please make sure that the correct country is selected in the top right hand corner of Help.EA.com to see the contact option for your country. 

As for the contact option, if you can sign in on Help.EA.com (maybe you have a second account), you could choose a different Issue/Topic on the Contact Us flow. For example, choosing Game Information - Features should get you all available contact options (depending on your country and time of day).

Let us know how you get on.
- Kristi

Message 5 of 5 (298 Views)