I can not input Japanese with Titan Fall 2

by SiegeszugSL

Original Post

I can not input Japanese with Titan Fall 2

★★ Novice

When the application of Titan Fall 2 is active, Japanese can not be entered in the in-game chat field.

I think the "IME" is disabled. there a solution?

Message 1 of 7 (376 Views)

Re: I can not input Japanese with Titan Fall 2

Community Manager

@SiegeszugSL Hi, have you seen Japanese text from other players? If not, perhaps this isn't supported. Hopefully it is supported and there's some possible fixes. 

One thing that might help is to disable Origin In-Game. It can interfere with some 3rd party programs, perhaps the IME software is being affected in your case. 

In the Origin app, click Oigin to the top left then Application Settings. Choose the Origin In Game tab then disable it, and try looking in the game again. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 7 (359 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi
I have seen Japanese chat messages several times.
I invalidated the origin in-game, but it was ineffective.

I can input Japanese using Copy & Paste from Notepad etc
Some people can input directly, others seem to be unable to enter like me.
When I asked the person who can input directly, I said "I do not make any special setting except using googleIME".
I also introduced googleIME, but the result was unsuccessful.

I am using Google machine translation.

Message 3 of 7 (346 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for the extra info. Perhaps there's some other 3rd party program that's having an impact here. For the next step I'd try restarting with a Clean Boot, then play with just Origin, the game and the IME software running, and see if this has any effect. 

I'm also curious, would you have another keyboard lying around that you could use as a test, ideally a cheap/generic membrane one. If you have a more expensive keyboard sometimes these have extra software/features and perhaps this is also having an impact. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 7 (339 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi
Unfortunately there was no effect even if running Clean Boot and starting Titan Fall 2.
Changing the keyboard did not have any effect.

Attachment is an image of the chat field when JP and EN are changed as input languages.
I think that it corresponds to Japanese because the display of JP is in the chat field, but it is difficult.

Message 5 of 7 (325 Views)

Community Manager

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the software so I'm going by 2nd hand recommendations, but have you tried the various toggles with Alt & Capslock or Alt & shift?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 7 (314 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, I tried to switch input languages using Alt & shift but it failed.
I tried it in window & full screen mode, but the result was the same.

Message 7 of 7 (306 Views)