Re: How can I play my game sims 4 offline?

by EA_Kristi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How can I play my game sims 4 offline?

★★ Novice

I want to know how to play my game offline, every time I start my computer it says I have to go online to play. I want to know how do I keep it offline to play especially since I bought the game. so any kind of help would be nice.

Message 1 of 25 (91,715 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Staff

Hello @ashlimyers2013,

Sorry for the late reply.

This is not what should be happening - once you place Origin in offline mode the client should stay offline even after restarting, so more than likely there is some kind of an issue with Origin.

Could you please try the following: 

1. Manually uninstall Origin
  2. Restart computer
  3. Download a fresh Origin setup file and when starting the installation, make sure to run it as Administrator
  4. If the installation succeeds, add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin
  5. Launch Origin, but make sure to run it as Admin as well.
  6. Place Origin in offline mode and restart computer - check if you can log in without internet.

Let us know how you get on.
- Kristi

View in thread

Message 6 of 25 (99,949 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

Hello @ashlimyers2013,

Sorry for any frustration caused.

Could you please try placing Origin in offline mode ('Go Offline' in Origin menu in top left corner of the client) while you have internet connection, then disconnect internet and check if the same issue occurs after restarting the computer?

- Kristi

Message 2 of 25 (91,668 Views)

★★ Novice

I did what you asked, and it says  I have to connect to origin before I can play the sims 4. I bought the game because where I live I don't have internet, I didn't think I have to go somewhere that has internet just to play my game. so why cant I play offline? I have tried shutting off my computer and turning it on and I still cant play.

Message 3 of 25 (91,650 Views)

EA Staff

Sorry to hear that @ashlimyers2013.

Just to make sure, did you run Origin and the game at least once while you had internet connection? For playing the 1st time you need to have internet access to activate the game. Once the game is activated, you should be able to playing in offline mode.

Thanks,

- Kristi

Message 4 of 25 (91,629 Views)

★★ Novice

yes I have. I have played it online, restarted the computer and tried to play sims 4 says I need to be online. I cant play offline I have even set it offline and then I go home and I still need internet, im not understanding. if I put it as offline and play the game and shut off my computer and turn it back on and want to play the game I need internet every time just to be able to play how is that right?

Message 5 of 25 (91,608 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @ashlimyers2013,

Sorry for the late reply.

This is not what should be happening - once you place Origin in offline mode the client should stay offline even after restarting, so more than likely there is some kind of an issue with Origin.

Could you please try the following: 

1. Manually uninstall Origin
  2. Restart computer
  3. Download a fresh Origin setup file and when starting the installation, make sure to run it as Administrator
  4. If the installation succeeds, add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin
  5. Launch Origin, but make sure to run it as Admin as well.
  6. Place Origin in offline mode and restart computer - check if you can log in without internet.

- Kristi

Message 6 of 25 (99,950 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I used to have internet but had to shut it down.  It shows on Origin that I am playing on offline mode however every time I go to play the game I can play for about 6mins until im kicked out of the game.  I then get a message that the sims 4 has stopped working. This never happened when I had internet. How can I play sims 4 without getting kicked off from my computer? i no longer have my router connected to the computer would that make a differences ? 

Message 7 of 25 (91,382 Views)

★★★ Newbie
If you say "download this or that" there is already a problem, because she doesn't have internet where she lives. Now what?
Message 8 of 25 (87,574 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

When I uninstalled Origin, I lost all of the games and when I click on the desktop icon, it does not recognize the new installation of Origin. I have to pay to go online and I do not want to have to stay online to play the game. Get the error message "Oops, something went wrong".  Should be able to play the game without having the internet connected.  

Message 9 of 25 (87,143 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I know Origin makes it's money by selling these games, but I am only interested in playing the Sims. I hate that the Origin download manager is strictly for selling. Not interested.
Message 10 of 25 (87,138 Views)