Re: Hitting buttons not working

by dream_as_angel

Original Post

★★ Novice

Hello guys I have the same problem.

So I have 2 controllers. One older version without the 3.5mm input and the 2nd with the 3.5mm input.

My problem is with the oldest controller ( without 3.5 mm). Problem like you UFC2. PLUS some other problems with NHL16 my left analog is not functioning.

When I use newest controller I have 0 problems.

What i realized that the version of the firmware are not the same. The old controller's firmware is 2.3.2381.0 vs the new : 2.3.2385.0.

Is this the Problem ??

Please I would love to hear from you because we need to fix this. 

Thanks

Message 31 of 40 (4,860 Views)

Community Manager

@dream_as_angel

Can you see if resetting the controller by pressing the recessed button with a paperclip for a few seconds and then re-pairing with the console has an effect please?

Here is an image of where the reset button is: http://askabouttech.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/reset-ps4-controller.jpg

barry.png
Message 32 of 40 (4,848 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello EA_Barry

I don't know why you are showing me a picture of how to reset a PS4 Controller. If you read all of the comment before me, it is an issue with XBOX ONE.

And yes I tried repairing the controller and also truing off / On but always the same problem.

Thanks

Message 33 of 40 (4,838 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same problem with mine, controller works for ufc 1, just bought ufc 2 and haven't been able to punch or kick. I've called EA twice, reset my xbox, updated the controller, re installed the game and still nothing. Guy from EA said he'd post that there was a bug and Ufc would come out with an update within 24hrs. Still nothing, what is going on with this? Ready to take the next step to get my 40$ credit back if this doesn't work..
Message 34 of 40 (4,539 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The chances are it's not the controller its the dam game

Message 35 of 40 (4,453 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
How is this hasnt been fixed yet,this a punch on the stomach for who bought the game and cant afford another controller.And its annoying because the controller its in perfect condition
Message 36 of 40 (4,307 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Have you found a solution?

Message 37 of 40 (4,304 Views)

Buttons not working on UFC 2

★★★ Newbie
I've seen previous threads on this issue. I UFC 2 downloaded from ea access hoping I would enjoy it. Only to find out that my hit buttons aren't working. (XBYA) and RB are not working. Previous threads told me to click the analog stick. Which gives me a temporary solution, but after every 2 hits the issue comes back and I have to click the analog stick again. I DONT LIKE THIS AND FRUSTRATED HELP
Message 38 of 40 (4,178 Views)

Re: Buttons not working on UFC 2

★★★ Novice

my controller also stopped working im getting a different one tommorow and will post if same issue occurs

Message 39 of 40 (4,032 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m on ps4 but On fifa 20

for the last two days I’ve been pressing buttons and they’ve not been working It can’t be cause my controller is broken as it works in the menus and kick of but just doesn’t work in ultimate team pls help 

Message 40 of 40 (3,018 Views)