Help fix the error (CE-34878-0) PS4

by FilpLokko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Help fix the error (CE-34878-0) PS4

★★ Novice

I bought this game for ps4 in like one week ago, I just played it for 2-3 hours, and when I tried to play the game again I got this error message (CE-34878-0) every time in the same screen, when is connecting to EA servers and loading, then I redownloaded it and its in the same, I got the same error I don't know what to do, I bought it and I want to play, Maybe I need to wait to an update? but who knows when it will come. somebody please help!!!!!

Message 1 of 12 (40,855 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Help fix the error (CE-34878-0) PS4

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @FilpLokko

That error is a generic PS4 error for a crash of either the PS4 itself or an application you're using - in this case PvZ: GW2. Are you getting the same error with other games?

Either way the standard troubleshooting is the same. First up is to make sure you've powered down the console completely (not just rest mode), pulled the mains power cable out and waited 60 seconds. Then boot back up and see if you can play.

Next up is to reinstall the game, but it looks like you might have already done that. If so you can try to re-initialize the PS4 - http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/restore_system.html

Please keep in mind this will remove any saved data on the PS4 so be careful before completing this. The link above explains more.

Let us know how you get on.

- Andy -

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (47,615 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @FilpLokko

That error is a generic PS4 error for a crash of either the PS4 itself or an application you're using - in this case PvZ: GW2. Are you getting the same error with other games?

Either way the standard troubleshooting is the same. First up is to make sure you've powered down the console completely (not just rest mode), pulled the mains power cable out and waited 60 seconds. Then boot back up and see if you can play.

Next up is to reinstall the game, but it looks like you might have already done that. If so you can try to re-initialize the PS4 - http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/restore_system.html

Please keep in mind this will remove any saved data on the PS4 so be careful before completing this. The link above explains more.

Let us know how you get on.

- Andy -

Message 2 of 12 (47,616 Views)

★★★ Newbie

mine continues to crash even after completing the trouble shoot tree and reinstalling, been stuck in limbo for a month now even took my system with game to a repair shop. my system is fine and so is the game because it will play on other systems.

Message 3 of 12 (38,129 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Same problem i can play ofline but when a tray connected franchise game display this
Message 4 of 12 (33,256 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Game is broken... Give many back!! EA
Message 5 of 12 (33,255 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same here, not alone they need to fix it ... My will randomly work then not work with the same error code .every other game I own plays perfectly fine. This is an EA issue and they need to fix it. When you search Madden 18 on Google the 2nd and 3rd results are Madden 18 error and then Madden 18 ce 3 whatever that error code is.. sad I paid way to much money for this.
Message 6 of 12 (29,902 Views)

Community Manager

@kgstaley16 The error message is an PS4 one to let you know that there is an issue with the application. It can point to an issue with your console. Sony recommends the following steps to try and fix the error:

1. Close the application, install the latest System Software and game updates and restart the system.
  2. If you have upgraded the Hard Disk Drive ("HDD") in your system, please re-install the original HDD.
  3. If the error occurs again, back up your saved data, and then go to [Settings] > [Initialization] and choose [Initialize PS4].
  4. If the error occurs with every application, or as soon as the application starts, please contact PlayStation Support.
Darko.png
Message 7 of 12 (29,868 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this problem. If I need to reset my ps4 how do I get all my games back without paying again?

Message 8 of 12 (26,076 Views)

Community Manager

@YaYa_334476 If it is a digital purchase then all you have to do is log into your account and the games will be available to download from your game library. If they are disc games it is as simple as putting the disc in and installing the game. 

Darko.png
Message 9 of 12 (26,014 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have same problem after the finishing 1st season in be a pro mode, when i try start new season, after choose your practice i had this error and game stops. I back up my data. Reintialize ps4, format hdd and install ps4 like new from ps4update.pup lastest 5.56 fw and redownload game and same error. Thanks for your help. I think something wrong with game ea no longer update this game. They absolutely poop at this game. Other games without problems. James ps. I have digital copy from ps store

Message 10 of 12 (26,004 Views)