HELP! EA UFC 2 won't load past the title menu (blank, nothing appears)

by abc838817152

Original Post

Accepted Solution

HELP! EA UFC 2 won't load past the title menu (blank, nothing appears)

★★★ Newbie

March 27 and 28 2017: I've had this issue for the last 2 days. Appears to coincide with me acquiring the event pack for the last fictional online event.

Any help on this? I get the "EA Sports" animation, then the title screen with Ronda and McGreg, I press the "options" button, then it loads info from the store, fighter updates, the music plays and all, but all I'm left with is an empty screen without the yellow menus with game modes. Nothing to navigate.

Can't even play offline, sweet * nothing.

My connection works fine, and I can play Battlefield 4 online without any problem.

Any input on how I can play again?

Message 2 of 10 (3,350 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: HELP! EA UFC 2 won't load past the title menu (blank, nothing appears)

★★★ Newbie

I fixed my problem. I deleted the game and then reinstalled it. After a 3 minute reinstall the game worked perfectly. I did not lose any progress in ultimate team. Still have all my fighters and all my cards. Everything seems good now.

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (4,289 Views)

All Replies

Ufc 2 won't load/ freezes

★★★ Newbie
I have played UFC 2 just about every day since I bought it a year ago. As of yesterday when I turn the game on after I hit start if it loads I can't go past the home screen when I click on something it doesn't load. Sometimes the home screen never loads at all. For example after I hit start I can then hit fight now in attempts to move to the next screen but nothing pops up. My system still works and the game does not have a scratch on it. Please help
Message 1 of 10 (3,341 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I am having a similar issue. Started yesterday out of nowhere! Doesn't allow any gameplay whatsoever but every other game I have plays fine.
Message 3 of 10 (3,333 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@abc838817152@TwiztidxMaggot

Please can you post the following info to help us look into this issue, thanks.

• Which console are you on?
  • Who is your internet provider?
  • Which country are you in?

Additionally, if anyone seeing this issue could upload a screenshot here, that would be great.

barry.png
Message 4 of 10 (3,311 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I am on a PS4. Comcast is the internet provider. USA
Message 5 of 10 (3,286 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having this problem.

My console is PS4.

My country is USA.

My internet provider is Verizon.

Message 6 of 10 (3,279 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@yungciit@PHchill28

Thank you.

If you are seeing this issue, particularly PS4 users, can you check if the following connectivity troubleshooting has an effect please:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/console/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-playstation/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/console/ps4-intermittent-connectivity-lag/

barry.png
Message 7 of 10 (3,263 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It does not seem to be a connectivity problem. Other games and applications work perfectly fine online. The first time I enter the game in a day it will even tell me how many coins I have waiting in ultimate team. But after I click "ok", nothing will load. After I click the options button from the main menu it will do the usual "checking for fighter updates" and "retrieving store information" but after that nothing will load. It is basically just the background featuring the UFC octagon and the UFC2 logo in the top left corner and the EAsports logo in the bottom right, with the usual music playing. There is no menu that you can navigate and select options such as "live event competition" or "UFC ultimate team". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 8 of 10 (3,252 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I fixed my problem. I deleted the game and then reinstalled it. After a 3 minute reinstall the game worked perfectly. I did not lose any progress in ultimate team. Still have all my fighters and all my cards. Everything seems good now.

Message 9 of 10 (4,290 Views)

Community Manager

@PHchill28

Great, thanks for posting.

barry.png
Message 10 of 10 (3,235 Views)