H shifter and clutch support

by NateWin92

Original Post

Accepted Solution

H shifter and clutch support

★★ Novice
So I was playing the PC trial today and just thought the game would feel better having the option to use h-shifter and clutch across wheels that support h shifter and clutch, manual transmission is nice but having to use paddles when we all really want to use clutch and h-shifter would just make the game better for all players that use it
Message 1 of 16 (29,569 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: H shifter and clutch support

EA DICE Team

Clutch is not supported. For the shifter you can map your gears to up and down--these won't be mapped by default. At the moment I have no further information if we will add or change these options in the future.

View in thread

Message 5 of 16 (32,381 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice
So much yes.
Message 2 of 16 (29,510 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What a joke....

Promised manual transmission and its just *ty semi automatic good thing I didnt buy the game lol!

Message 3 of 16 (29,451 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same here, I am very disappointed that the H gate TH8RS is not supported. When car enthusiasts say manual they mean driving stick ie h gate, ghost games have been marketing manual transmission to sell this game but made a half arsed effort to implement manual 

Message 4 of 16 (29,429 Views)

EA DICE Team

Clutch is not supported. For the shifter you can map your gears to up and down--these won't be mapped by default. At the moment I have no further information if we will add or change these options in the future.

Message 5 of 16 (32,382 Views)

★★ Novice

@Straatford87 wrote:

The shifter isn't recognized when plugged into the wheel, does the shifter need to be separately plugged into the PC?

Message 6 of 16 (29,065 Views)

EA DICE Team

@PickLock66

I'm not sure which device you are using - check out the following thread for more information:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PC-Steering-Wheels-and-Controllers/td-p/5230054

Message 7 of 16 (29,062 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Straatford87 wrote:

@PickLock66

I'm not sure which device you are using - check out the following thread for more information:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PC-Steering-Wheels-and-Controllers/td-p/5230054

I have the Fanatec Clubsport wheel, pedals, and shifter.

edit: in the page you linked, it says"To use the h-shifter map your gears to up and down, these won't be mapped by default." is there any way to elaborate on this function please?

SOLUTION: looks like i've figured it out. In the Fanatec properties, there is a nice little checkbox to map the sequential shifter to the paddles(see attachment), hopefully this can help out others!

Message 8 of 16 (29,059 Views)

EA DICE Team

@PickLock66

I was in the midst of my reply but I noticed that you've already figured it out. Thanks a lot for updating us with the solution!

Message 9 of 16 (29,050 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Need for speed had been nothing but disappointing. This is a racing game. What do you think we want? We want the clutch and h shifter option.
Message 10 of 16 (28,331 Views)