Gun Formation Missing from Custom Playbook

by FlashmanMkIV

Original Post

Gun Formation Missing from Custom Playbook

★★★ Newbie

I have tried a few times now to make a custom playbook, but every time I try to use one of them in any mode, none of my shotgun plays appear. In fact, the formation itself does not appear. I've tried many different things to fix this, including using different base playbooks and different play call types. So far nothing has worked. Any solutions?

Message 1 of 17 (10,980 Views)

Re: Gun Formation Missing from Custom Playbook

★★★ Novice
Did you get help or find out what's the problem. The same thing is happening to me
Message 2 of 17 (10,934 Views)

Offensive custom playbook problems

★★★ Novice

Product: Madden 17
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug: My created offensive custom playbook doesn't have my shotgun formations in it when I go into practice mode or play now!
How often does the bug occur?: Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: Take a playbook erase all the plays and build it from the ground up
What happens when the bug occurs?: I can't use shotgun plays unless I pick whatever hailmary has under it
What do you expect to see?: I expect to see a resolution! I was on 3 different "disconnected" calls with EA customer service reps for over 2 hours last night!
If your game crashed, about how many minutes were you playing before it crashed?:
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?: Blakmagic
Date/time issue occurred: 9/2 and 9/3 because I thought it was something I did wrong so I erased the first one and did another and the same results occurred 9/2/16 was in the daytime and 9/3/16 was at night
Did this issue happen in Connected Franchise Mode?: No

Can't attach any screenshots because I'm at work presently, but when I go to custom playbook a to edit etc. the plays and audibles are there, but once I choose the playbook in practice or play now there are no shotgun formations to choose.
Message 3 of 17 (10,955 Views)

Madden 17 Custom Playbook bug: Plays not available in play selection

★★★★★ Newbie

Summarize your bug: When using Custom Playbook, certain plays disappear while in a game.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: Create a custom playbook and start a game.
What happens when the bug occurs?: A play that is in the playbook doesn't appear when in a game.
What do you expect to see?: The same playbook in a game that I see in the menus.
If your game crashed, about how many minutes were you playing before it crashed?:
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?: i-am-the-steve
Date/time issue occurred: 2016-09-05

Here's a video of it occurring with the Colts playbook. "Spider 2 Y Banana" is not in the playbook when I'm in a game:

In the video I'm creating the playbook, showing you the play in the menu, starting a game and showing you the play selection where the play is missing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu7LwNTz4QY

I have tried this in both "Play Now" and in an ongoing Offline Franchise.

How can custom playbooks still be broken?

Message 4 of 17 (10,936 Views)

Re: Offensive custom playbook problems

★ Novice

Having a similar problem. My offensive custom playbook doesn't work in online games.

Message 5 of 17 (10,937 Views)

Re: Madden 17 Custom Playbook bug: Plays not available in play selection

★★★ Newbie
also.if you pick the play in play type it crashes. why dont you answer. xbox one here so its the game. are refunds available
Message 6 of 17 (10,898 Views)

Re: Gun Formation Missing from Custom Playbook

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

MaddenDadNYG, 

Me too! I  created both custom offensive and defensive playbooks  for the Giants in CFM. I have done this countless times before. When I go to Open Practice or CFM games some of the formations do not appear Like GUN: Normal  Slot Y and formations like GUN Spread appear in name only. Additionally some of the actual plays like HB Blast in I formation change names to 23 Zone even though this play is NOT LISTED in the All Plays section. Thank you for your prompt attention in this matter. 

Message 7 of 17 (10,864 Views)

Doubles Wk in "All Plays" under Custom Playbooks is not there

★★★★★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug: Doubles Wk on All Plays in Custom Playbooks is not there
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: - Choose a custom playbook (mine was based on the cardinals) - Go to all Plays - Select "Shotgun" - Look for Doubles Wk Its not there
What happens when the bug occurs?: Cant add the plays on that formation to your custom playbook
What do you expect to see?: expect to see "Doubles Wk "
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?: meadixit
Date/time issue occurred: Everyday

- Choose a custom playbook (mine was based on the cardinals)
- Go to all Plays
- Select "Shotgun"
- Look for Doubles Wk

Its not there

These are fundamentals and should not even occur, its such a poor validation process that you guys have at EA 

Message 8 of 17 (10,699 Views)

Re: Doubles Wk in "All Plays" under Custom Playbooks is not there

★★★★★ Novice

Is the customer expected to be your QA to go track your issues for you !!! 

Message 9 of 17 (10,698 Views)

Custom offensive playbook

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Summarize your bug: Custom play books will not show all shotgun formations especially ones that look like hail Mary formations Can see formations but doesn't show any plays Can audible to formations that I cannot choose plays from
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: Create a custom playbook add a shotgun formation that isn't in the playbook already AND resembles a hail Mary formation
What happens when the bug occurs?: The player icons disappear On some formations all the linemen aren't displayed Unable to choose formations
What do you expect to see?: Formations and plays
If your game crashed, about how many minutes were you playing before it crashed?: Didn't crash
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?: Tumtummac24
Date/time issue occurred: Since madden dropped

Nothing else call it you want to [Removed - Admin. Please do not post personal information on a public forum]

Message 10 of 17 (10,684 Views)