Gifting Games

by Nanostronghold

Original Post

Re: Gifting Games

★★★ Newbie

Soo, what happens when you own the game, and buy it again?!

Message 21 of 89 (3,059 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@kasapina If you are logged in, it should not allow you to buy the game again if you already had activated it on the account.

Message 22 of 89 (3,052 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is weird. As a web and store dev myself I would be livid if people were syaing they tried to buy a product as a gift for friends but couldnt.

Message 23 of 89 (2,941 Views)

★★★ Newbie

lol, just asked an advisor how about doing the gifting, says my friend would need to log in his acct so i can buy the bf4 for him, lol dont think so, not having mu info on that computer, he says the safe safe way ..  lol no so, Gifting was a safer way,  lol sad lost a sale, and my friend doesnt make much money, he has a family. I told thats why EA fails at its players, they dont listen. never for years !!! 

BTW i know this an old post. but i added this.

Play On Boyz and Gurlz.....

Message 24 of 89 (2,838 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I went to buy one of my friends the season pass for titanfall so he can play with the rest of us easier but no gifting stil.. The number of people who would have already used this feature would have paid for itself 20 fold. This is not a complicated feature from a dev perspective but whoever is managing their requirements and enhancement requests is dropping the ball.

Message 25 of 89 (2,579 Views)

Community Manager
This is obviously a great idea and actually one of the more frequently requested features we see here on Answer HQ. We have passed this on to the Origin team who will consider how to best prioritize this idea against other new feature requests and improvements of existing features.

As for the comments regarding the ease of implementation, keep in mind that we have regional markets which likely increase the complexity surrounding this.
Message 26 of 89 (2,568 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Really?

It is not possible to gift games with origin?.....

This IS the year 2014, is it not?

Well.... let me see what I can find on steam that is not EA. (Steam gifting has worked well the last few years, you are aware of that, right?)

I am too annoyed by EA right now to use one of your games as a birthday present.

Message 27 of 89 (2,336 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How to best prioritize earning additional revenue, and during the holidays?!?  Most companies would make this the utmost priority with the current season since you're currently losing tons revenue by not having this feature.  If your priorities are that mixed up, EA should seriously consider revamping the management that's deciding what to focus on. 

I wanted to take advantage of the discount on BF4 so I could send my father and husband a copy, and also send a copy of Sims 4 to my sister.  Guess what? I can't due to EA not implementing simple technology that is already offered by Steam.  Too bad I can't get these titles from Steam...

Message 28 of 89 (2,129 Views)

★ Novice

Well i did tried buy games using some of my family accounts, and bought them some games in this black friday. then suddenly all of them got refunded with no explanations...

i have tried to chat with the advisories, but they said that it was refunded and the refund is complete....i want to express how angry i am about this, the refund is completed but the money still not transferred to my bank account, i was using paypal fyi. THANK YOU EA!! do you need some programmer to fix your problem?? maybe i can help!!!

Message 29 of 89 (2,124 Views)

★★ Apprentice

+1 just tried to buy a friend DA:I only to discover that i can't.

Message 30 of 89 (1,928 Views)