Re: Games freezes and screen goes black

by pchaunce

Original Post

★★ Novice

I updated the motherboard drivers with manufacturer drivers (they were all windows default drivers) and she played the game for over 3 hours tonight before it finally white screened on her. I used the disk that came with the computer so I'm going to try to download all the latest and greatest drivers.  Is the SIMS 4 a 32 bit app as well?  That is the game she is playing, not SIMS 3.  If this doesn't work to her satisfaction we'll just send this computer back. I can update the video card in her old system from a Nvidia GT 200 to a GT 1030 for under a hundred bucks, roll it back to Windows 7 (game ran fine under Windows 7 with the GT 200 card, problems didn't start till we upgraded to Windows 10) and hopefully all will be good.  That will net me about a thousand bucks back in my pocket.  I'll post another DXDIAG and an update tomorrow when I get home from work.  Thanks for the help.

Message 11 of 12 (142 Views)

Hero

Sims 4 has both 32 and 64 bit.

Did you have any luck now ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 12 (131 Views)