Games Library Empty After Origin Update

by calliteers

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Games Library Empty After Origin Update

★★ Novice

Hello there,

I'm currently on day five of no success in getting a response in regards to my missing content after the Origin update.

I've followed the various suggestions adviced in various topics, cleaning cache, drop down menu for all games etc, use the same account and so on.

All was fine, digital along with cd purchases (Sims 3 Shizzle) in the games library via here and the Origin programme.

Until the latest update.

Nothing shows in the game libraries, no games will play on the desktop (entertainment for the kids) and, you get where this is going.

Some time ago, I changed my main email address due to account closure for a domain, so anything sent is lost. Set it up with the current email and all worked blissfully, again for quite some time. Just incase anyone enquires. Nailed it, dealt with it and moved on!

Logged in ever since, perfectly.

Everything has vanished, games can not be accessed on the desktop and I'm after a quick solution to get this resolved please.

Please only respond if you can help and not give me the usual 'copy and paste' response thats in the majority of replies.

It's late, ive been trying to sort this out, i'm tired and running out of ideas.

In my programme files, there are files via the Origin program that have evidence of dates of whatever is needed.

If that is of any use?

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated ladies & gents!

From one tired and cranky Mama

Message 1 of 5 (646 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Games Library Empty After Origin Update

[ Edited ]

Hi, @calliteers

If you tried out all suggested solutions and those didn't solve your problem, an error in your origin account may be the culprit. Please contact an EA game advisor to clarify that out for you: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-to-contact-an-Advisor-via-EA-Help/m-p/5650100#U5650100

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (674 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

Hi, @calliteers

If you tried out all suggested solutions and those didn't solve your problem, an error in your origin account may be the culprit. Please contact an EA game advisor to clarify that out for you: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-to-contact-an-Advisor-via-EA-Help/m-p/5650100#U5650100

Message 2 of 5 (675 Views)

EA DICE Team

@calliteers

I had a quick look at your account (I can do this with my awesome EA powers) and I can confirm that the account you are currently logged in on doesn't have any content attached to it.

As mentioned by @DarkBanishing - please reach out to EA support and they will look up the correct account for you.

Kind regards,

Message 3 of 5 (578 Views)

★★ Novice

Many thanks for getting back to me Tom.

Loving the awesome super powers! Large smile

Thats what i'm concerned about as my login is my username for origin/ea.com that I am using now.

I changed my old email because my domain had expired and set it to this. All seemed fine until the update.

Nothings there, I can't access my old email domain to get the game confirmations/password resets etc and so far I have yet to have any success in getting through to an advisor.

As you can imagine, greatly frustrating when you have kids wanting to play thier games.

I can confirm any security details needed, previous email address, security questions and the login contents from the Origins folder too, which shows all has been set up/accessed and so on via this desktop.

I just want to get this resolved, restore some of my sanity Large smile

I have my previous email address if thats of any use?

I have tried old and current passwords for that one and have failed miserably!

Perhaps, I'm that exausted from trying out all methods/waiting for a live chat with an advisor...  that it may end up being something truly simple Embarrassed haha!

Message 4 of 5 (555 Views)

EA DICE Team

@calliteers

Thanks for getting back to me. I don't have kids myself (yet), but I do remember bothering my parents many times about wanting to play my games - your frustration is heard and understood!

Bad news from my part is that I can't go over any account related details with you via the forums as we consider that personal information. Our Advisors are equipped to deal with that one a one-to-one basis.

However, if you still have access to the email, or you have a product code for any of the games on that account, then our Advisors will be able to look up the details with you. If there's anything you can't access, then they can help you to change it to something you do have access to.

Once again, sorry for the troubles so far! I hope that with my additional information you'll soon be on your way to an Advisor who can help your children get back to their games.

Best of luck!

Message 5 of 5 (538 Views)