Game wont launch

by VenomousLeg

Original Post

Game wont launch

★★★★ Novice

I cant even get the game to run i hit play and it plays but its stuck in the task manager running 170,000kb and no CPU used im at my wits ends here Ive been through three days of forums, threads and im on the verge of a refund of a game i really wanted to play i had it running when i went to uninstall origin and forgot to close out the process for Battlefront and it played didn't play any game because there was on text just pictures

Message 1 of 11 (665 Views)

Re: Game wont launch

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @VenomousLeg 

I am really sorry for those troubles with the game. What troubleshooting steps you have done so far? Have you Repaired the game in Origin Library? Disabled you antivirus software temporary? Updated your GPU drivers? Keep us posted on your progress. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 11 (648 Views)

★★★★ Novice

ive repaired it reinstalled about 5 times im running outta ideas

Message 3 of 11 (643 Views)

Hello @VenomousLeg 

Can you try to run the game, after loading your system with the Clean Boot?  

Archi.png
Message 4 of 11 (637 Views)

★★★★ Novice

im still having the same problem is loads up but stays in the background on task manager with no cpu usage at all and its still running at 170,00kb with nothing in the back but the game and origin i did the clean boot and ive done reinstall of the game and origin multiple times i wanna get a few more try's before i get a refund i really want to play this on my pc

Message 5 of 11 (627 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i feel like i left out that i bought the ultimate edition i feel like that could pin point something

Message 6 of 11 (620 Views)

★★★★ Novice

so i guess im not gonna get help at all with the usual ea "help" im getting tired of restarting my computer, re downloading origin and battlefront im very frustrated with the lack of help im getting

Message 7 of 11 (611 Views)

Hello @VenomousLeg 

Are you sure your system configuration matches minimum system requirements for Star Wars: Battlefront? Can you play any other graphic-heavy games on your PC?  Any chance you can try to run the game, using alternative user profile on your PC? 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 8 of 11 (606 Views)

★★★★ Novice

yes i am sure i have been able to play arma 3, GTA 5, i have played the game before on pc a long time ago when it was a beta but in my folder for my game i found two game launchers one for a trail and one for the retail game

Message 9 of 11 (590 Views)

Hello @VenomousLeg 

Have you tried to launch the game, using alternative user profile? Manually deleting all game files, while reinstalling the game, can also fix this. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 10 of 11 (555 Views)