Re: Game is unplayable because of very bad connection to server

by EA_David

Original Post

Game is unplayable because of very bad connection to server

★★★ Newbie
Battlefront is my favorite game on the Xbox One, but there are a few things that would make the experience better for everyone.
1) Allow the players to rank up offline. To make any kind of progress in the game, you have to play multiplayer, which greatly limits what a lot of people can and cannot do in the game.
2) Fix your servers. For years, the gaming community has been begging on its hands and knees for you to fix your servers, but no action has been taken. This has to be the biggest frustration for me and countless others when the game is consistently unplayable due to a bad connection to your servers. At first I thought I could do something to fix the problem on my own, so I called Xbox customer support 3 times and spent over two hours jumping through many hoops only to find out I couldn't fix it. I opened the NAT, enabled DNS, opened all the necessary ports, reset my console and the router and it still doesn't work.

I petition you, EA, to simply fix your servers so we don't have to keep complaining and getting frustrated because of a simple issue that needs to be fixed. It is a great game when it consistently works. I know I speak for the entire Battlefront gaming community when I say this. Just please fix your servers so we can enjoy the game as it was meant to be played. Thank you
Message 1 of 2 (284 Views)

Re: Game is unplayable because of very bad connection to server

Community Manager

@MichaelBlue98Thanks for the first point. I don't know if offline levelling will be in the 2nd game, but I'll be keeping an eye open for info after this weekend's reveal at EA Play. 

As for your 2nd point, if you were having consistent online issues then it sounds like there may be a local or network issue. I'm not saying that there never are server issues, but in general they'd perform well. Can I ask what region are you in? There are some extra steps on this page which may help when you're having connectivity issues. 

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 2 (275 Views)