Game has been crashing since the Jan update... new account worked though?

by NeilTorrens

Original Post

Game has been crashing since the Jan update... new account worked though?

★★★ Newbie

I have been having major issues on xbox one since installing the January patch a couple of days ago. No problem loading the main menu but when I select a game it tries to join but takes an age to load before crashing back to the game hub. After two hour long phone calls I have went through the motions of power cycling, Cleared alternate Mac address, Clear Blu-Ray storage, Uninstalled everything and reinstalled it, deleted and redownloaded Gamer Tag and Cleared Cloud save. None of these things worked but they told me to try creating a new account and using it and that did work?! They then suggested a Factory Reset but still no luck getting in a game with my real account. Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 4 (384 Views)

Re: Game has been crashing since the Jan update... new account worked though?

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @NeilTorrens 

It seems like you`ve been through a lot of troubleshooting. And I am really sorry, it was all to no avail. By creating a new account, you`ve meant new EA Account? Maybe this issue has something to do with your regional settings? Both of your accounts were setup in the same region? You are using disc version of the game or a digital download one?

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 2 of 4 (357 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for responding. It was when I set up a whole new xbox live account that it worked. The game crashes no matter which game mode (not just multiplayer) I select on my original account but if I log out and try the new account it works every time. I have managed to get the original to work a couple of times since my original post by logging in with my new account and then quitting and switching over to the original account but it has about a 25% success rate and adds about 10-15 minutes on to my load up time. Both accounts are set as UK and I am using the disc version. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Neilface
Message 3 of 4 (348 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@NeilTorrens

If the game works with your new account 100% of time, but the old one is not working as it should, I would suggest to bring this directly to EA Advisors. Maybe there is something wrong with your original EA Account. Keep me posted on this.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 4 of 4 (336 Views)