Game gets stuck after finishing a race

by 7ru3blu3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game gets stuck after finishing a race

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

After upgrading to 1.8.4 (Lil Wayne update) I am encountering this weird issue:

Upon completing a race the game gets stuck in a state where there is no getting out; no "finished first" screen, no "continue" button, nothing. All I see is my car "breathing" after completing its "finishing move". I can tell that the game is not crashed or frozen because I can still see some animation. The only thing I can do at this point is "force stop" and restart the game.

This happens once every 5-10 races. I can confirm this issue in campaign, BRR and tuner trial races where I lose fuel and SP but not the tokens. Others have encountered the same iuuse in special event races and lost tickets.

Please fix.

Message 1 of 24 (1,566 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game gets stuck after finishing a race

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I think I have a solution. I activated the "Enable Share Usage" setting and have not seen that issue for more than 7 days.

Enable Share Usage Button

View in thread

Message 21 of 24 (1,251 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@7ru3blu3

Can you let us know if this continues to happen if you play after closing all other apps or restarting your device please?

barry.png
Message 2 of 24 (1,522 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Barry wrote:

@7ru3blu3

Can you let us know if this continues to happen if you play after closing all other apps or restarting your device please?

@EA_Barry I have tried both. I restart the device and close all apps before playing the game but this does not help. And I am not sure exactly how to reproduce the problem; it just happens randomly.

Message 3 of 24 (1,510 Views)

Community Manager

@7ru3blu3

This now appears to be an issue we are investigating. Please give us some time to work on this issue, thanks.

barry.png
Message 4 of 24 (1,508 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same Problem since Lil Wayne.

Since Hot-Wheels it stucks much frequently. It nervs about winning in the Challenge. I need to kill the Game and restart it. After that i was told "you did not end the race so your SP were...." and everytime i lost much of SP.

Winning any other race will lost the ticket / tank and win no money, no part, nothing else.

On the Screen:

I win a race, the car / cars will be shown from the front stopping with an slide. The fireline ist still burning, every background effect is still working.

It seems the camera do some little movement about zooming in and out.

But no buttons, no race-summery, no possible interaction apears.

My device is a LG G4.

Message 5 of 24 (1,438 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yes I lost 3 tickets from this bug. I have to buy more tickets for hot wheels event.. This is annoying, losing sp, losing fuel even losing this f***ing tickets...

Message 6 of 24 (1,407 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Very annoying this weekend till today!

Lost round about 400 SP in the last 3 days and min. 10 Tickets at Fastlane.

I'm waiting 5 minutes without touching the screen. The screensaver should turn the display off. But doesn't.

Need some more information?

Message 7 of 24 (1,336 Views)

★ Guide

The issue is still present in Hot Wheels update. Have you concluded your investigation and figured out the problem? If information from ADB is of any use I can provide it.

Message 8 of 24 (1,324 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same here. Me and my wife lost at least 50 tickets due to this issue. She's using iPhone 6+ and I'm using 6s+, this problem appears more often on her device. It' s still happening randomly after the recent Hot Wheels update. Just lost two more tickets and had to force quit the game, very frustrating!

Message 9 of 24 (1,306 Views)

Community Manager

@honeypie_tw@7ru3blu3@Husch1234@arifreggit

Apologies for the late response. I have no news to share on this just yet, other than that we are continuing to investigate the issue.

barry.png
Message 10 of 24 (1,299 Views)