Game dvr disabled by your game

by Mayhem187

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game dvr disabled by your game

★ Novice
Whenever I try to record a gameclip in UFC2 on the Xbox One it shows a message that "Game DVR is disabled by your game at this time"
All other games (including EA games like SW Battlefront) have no issues with this.
I tried power cycling to clear my cache, clearing alternate Mac address, reinstalling the game, but this doesn't fix the issue. After searching support on Twitter with EA, the support agent advised me to submit this here
Can you please help me fix this?
Message 1 of 37 (24,814 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game dvr disabled by your game

★★★★ Novice
@Mayhem187 @AliHawke @EA_Barry
I have found a slight workaround. If you use the Xbox app and connect it to your Xbox you can record clips that way. Once connected just click where it says the game name at the bottom of the app and a tab should pop up and a button that says record that. This does allow you to record game clips in UFC 2 even though the Xbox itself doesn't give the option. I just love saving those knockout clips haha. I'm on iOS 10.2.1

View in thread

Message 7 of 37 (26,029 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Mayhem187

This does look specific to UFC 2. Can anyone else on XB1 confirm this please?

barry.png
Message 2 of 37 (24,738 Views)

★ Novice

I've got the same issue, on Xbox One in the preview programme - before the OS update gameclips would record just fine, but with the new Guide, the X, Y, & Menu for Game DVR are disabled in UFC 2, seemingly all the time (disabled during a fight, disabled during highlights, disabled during replay)

Message 3 of 37 (24,728 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I also have this problem. Not sure if it's because of the fact that I'm part of the alpha testing for Xbox, but I don't have this problem on other games.
Message 4 of 37 (24,714 Views)

Community Manager

@RealLockmaster@Mayhem187@AliHawke

Thanks for your posts guys, let me see what info I can find on this for you. I will post again here with my findings.

barry.png
Message 5 of 37 (24,703 Views)

Community Manager

@Mayhem187@RealLockmaster@AliHawke

Again, thank you for your reports on this. The relevant people are now aware of this issue.

barry.png
Message 6 of 37 (24,688 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Mayhem187 @AliHawke @EA_Barry
I have found a slight workaround. If you use the Xbox app and connect it to your Xbox you can record clips that way. Once connected just click where it says the game name at the bottom of the app and a tab should pop up and a button that says record that. This does allow you to record game clips in UFC 2 even though the Xbox itself doesn't give the option. I just love saving those knockout clips haha. I'm on iOS 10.2.1
Message 7 of 37 (26,030 Views)

Community Manager

@RealLockmaster

Excellent, thank you. I have marked your post as a solution until this issue is resolved.

barry.png
Message 8 of 37 (24,658 Views)

cant record clips

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

hi I play on xb1 and after xb1 update I cant record clips or screenshots ONLY in ufc2! it text  Game dvr is disabled by your game at this time PLS help

Message 9 of 37 (23,598 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am having the same issue on UFC 2. Since the most recent Xbox update.
Message 10 of 37 (23,681 Views)