Game crashing

by slyytherinn

Original Post

Game crashing

★★★ Apprentice

Hello Everyone! I have had the sims 4 since early December of 2015, And I love the game so much! I don't play without cc, so some of you may not be able to help me! Anyway, My game has started freezing for 20-30 seconds every 2-3 minutes now. it has been going on for about a month now, but its getting more severe to the point where it freezes for up to a minute and I just get so tired of it! I have a lot of cc, like 3,000-4,000 pieces. I have tried looking up suggestions, using MCD (Mod conflict detector) deleting cc, moving out my mods folder and making a new one and putting the cc back in, Making a new Tray folder and doing the same, NOTHING works. Its getting to the point where I don't even feel like playing sims because I get the same results each time. If you need any of my info please let me know and thanks for the help <3 

Message 1 of 52 (848 Views)

Re: Game crashing

★★★★★ Expert

Are you test to install an older Graphic card driver? Some graphic up make crash of games.

Message 2 of 52 (827 Views)

Hero

Hi @slyytherinn

do you have the same issues without any custom content/mods (testing purposes) ?

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 52 (821 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

here is the file

Message 4 of 52 (789 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I just purchased this laptop/gaming PC around December of 2016, so everything should be up to date. Last time I messed with my graphics stuff my computer got laggy 

Message 5 of 52 (788 Views)

Hero

Did you try without Custom content ?

Specs look fine but you should make sure it runs on your card and not the chip: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Setting-Up-a-Graphics-Card-Gaming-Profile/td-p/5704790

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 52 (776 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I did try without custom content. Its quicker, but it still freezes. I'm not sure how to make it run on my card instead of chip.

Message 7 of 52 (765 Views)

Hero

Hi @slyytherinn

click on the link given above. You have a Nvidia card so just follow the instructions given.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 52 (747 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm pretty sure I set it, but I didn't have the last option so I made it high performance NVIDIA graphics card. Hopefully it will work. If not, I will ask again. thank you!

Message 9 of 52 (739 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It worked for about 4 minutes without freezing, and that was a step up. When I brought my sims back from the Romance Festival, my game froze yet again. I forgot to mention it also takes about 10 minutes for my game to fully load to the point where I can click on my household and play. If you need any more screenshots please feel free to let me know, I would send anything to get my game to work again Frown

Message 10 of 52 (737 Views)