Re: Game crashing

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Hero

As I'm away next week, I can't help you further but I see if someone else can continue helping you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 52 (361 Views)

EA app Team

Thanks, @crinrict.

Hi @slyytherinn,

Let's make all the tests from now on with a clean user folder, ok? Just to try to find the issue, we can move your save games and other content later.

Please, follow these steps:

1. Make sure the game, Origin and other programs like the program you were using to check your custom content are closed.
  2. Go to Documents > Electronic Arts and locate The Sims 4 folder. Rename it to 'The Sims 4 freezing'.
  3. Open your game.
  4. Create a new save game, a new Sim and play with it for a while.

Is the issue still happening? If so, try to lower the game settings. Any changes?

-Mai

Message 32 of 52 (354 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I did everything you said, but when I went into game my 200 sims were all gone. I will be EXTREMELY upset if they are all gone forever. 

Message 33 of 52 (340 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @slyytherinn,

Please, don't worry, your save games are in 'The Sims 4 freezing' folder, and they will remain there safe for now. It's very important you don't delete this folder.

We just want to use a new clean user folder to test your game, that's why we are trying in a folder without your save games. There might be an issue with any of your files in that folder, so we are going to do some tests to find out if that's the case.

When you created a new save game in step 4 of my previous post, and you played for a while, did the game work as it should?

-Mai

Message 34 of 52 (332 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I renamed the sims 4 folder to "Sims 4 freezing" and I haven't removed It, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to remove it or if I am supposed to keep it there, but I am moving it to my desktop as we speak.

I'm starting a new saved game also. right now.

Message 35 of 52 (323 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @slyytherinn,

Keeping it in your desktop is perfectly fine.

How did the playing go with that new save game?

-Mai

Message 36 of 52 (309 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I started a new game and played for over an hour. Everything worked perfectly fine, But I had no CC or mods. 

Message 37 of 52 (299 Views)

EA app Team

Ok, @slyytherinn, let's start adding your user files to find out what's causing the issue.

With the game closed, copy from 'The Sims 4 freezing' to 'The Sims 4' a folder named 'saves'. After doing that, open the game and check if the issue is still not happening.

You will get a message telling you some custom content is missing from the game. Don't worry, it's normal. Please, play for a while for testing purposes but don't save your progress.

Still no issues?

-Mai

Message 38 of 52 (278 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I moved all of my saves to my new saves folder, and somehow during that process, deleted my saves for my non-cc 100 baby challenge I had started a few days ago with my friend. I really enjoyed that save. now, your probably saying to go onto my gallery and just take them from there, the issue is, the only saved one I have of that family on my gallery is the mother before she had any children. Ive tried my recycling bin, and the files don't appear there.

Message 39 of 52 (259 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @slyytherinn,

Please, check if there are still files in the old 'The Sims 4 freezing / saves' folder.

If not, and if you can't find the missing files, unfortunately there's nothing we can do to restore that save game Frown

Sorry not to have better news for you, please, let me know if you manage to find the files.

-Mai

Message 40 of 52 (246 Views)