Re: Game Sharing - Origin

by EA_Kristi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Sharing - Origin

★★ Novice

Hello people who work for EA.

My question is can i share my games with a friend (like on steam).
If not can i share my info with him so he can play some of the games while im not online?

Or can this turn out negative for my account?

I looked around on the forum and got mixed awnsers.
Just trying to get firm grip on the things, dont wanna have my account locked up for no reason.

Greetings
Dennis.

Message 1 of 11 (26,043 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Staff

You cannot share the games on your account with a friend.

Account sharing is against the Terms of Service and can lead to compromised accounts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (29,308 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

You cannot share the games on your account with a friend.

Account sharing is against the Terms of Service and can lead to compromised accounts.

Message 2 of 11 (29,309 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Can I share accounts with my cousins because now it has deleted itself and is reloding
Message 3 of 11 (25,858 Views)

★★★ Newbie
How do I get my account back?
Message 4 of 11 (25,856 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Message 5 of 11 (25,855 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

EA support,

I believe this is not about sharing your account, but more like sharing the games. Like, buying a game for a friend as a gift. Is that possible?

It seems too stupid to share your credit card info with friends, so a gifting system would be nice.

Message 6 of 11 (25,805 Views)

★★ Novice

What I believe they are asking is pertaining to the fact that on Steam you can share your games with Family Share to other accounts. 

Say I have Garry's Mod on my account, but my friend doesn't, I share it with his account and he can play it independently of my account while I play mine.

Message 7 of 11 (24,485 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

EA_Kristi,

What about- as previously suggested in this thread- game library sharing, such as Steam offers with their Family Share system? Each user must have an individual account, and the game library cannot be shared while the owner's account is logged in. 

Thank you,

DG

Message 8 of 11 (23,728 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this is really bogus. you should treat it like the game is a virtual disc. i have multiple people playing on one pc, so its extremely inconvenient to have to buy a second copy of a game we already have. i will likely be asking for a refund.

Message 9 of 11 (23,527 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

origin isn't worth sh*t if this isn't possible

Message 10 of 11 (18,485 Views)