Re: GW2 Servers Empty

by Beth8484

Original Post

Accepted Solution

GW2 Servers Empty

★★★★★ Novice

Hey guys, been playing this every Wednesday night but the last two night the PVP servers are empty, just cannot find anyone to play online. Is there a reason for this?

Message 1 of 22 (19,429 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@UncleGamer1  Sadly, the community is a bit scarce at the moment, with the exception for a few game modes that seem to do the trick for now.  Try Team Deathmatch and Turf Takeover and I guarantee you'll find full and active teams. I can't say the same for the rest of the online available modes.

Another infuriating thing is that many players actually prefer to go offline vs bots, something that I understand giving all the frustrating issues regarding online multiplayer.

Let's hope they address these problems during the next few patches, meanwhile, stick to the two modes I've just mentioned.

View in thread

Message 4 of 22 (24,456 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

If your ping is overall high in all the different servers/areas, just reset the game. Sometimes it enables servers to properly load.

Also, don't be afraid of switching between different servers, even if the ping seems higher. Calculate the time when you think people are more active in each area (afternoon)

Message 2 of 22 (19,340 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have now tried to find matches for 3 straight days on the NA East and NA West servers and every time, multiple each day, I have been in a server alone.

Message 3 of 22 (19,322 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@UncleGamer1  Sadly, the community is a bit scarce at the moment, with the exception for a few game modes that seem to do the trick for now.  Try Team Deathmatch and Turf Takeover and I guarantee you'll find full and active teams. I can't say the same for the rest of the online available modes.

Another infuriating thing is that many players actually prefer to go offline vs bots, something that I understand giving all the frustrating issues regarding online multiplayer.

Let's hope they address these problems during the next few patches, meanwhile, stick to the two modes I've just mentioned.

Message 4 of 22 (24,457 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

In the end it seems we have found our own solution. There is an advantage to the empty servers, it means when my streaming community wants to play we can all play together without dealing with the mess that so often happens on open servers. We have smaller matches 4v4 and 6v6 but the matches are intense and fun among friends.

Message 5 of 22 (19,296 Views)

★ Novice

sa

@UncleGamer1 wrote:

Hey guys, been playing this every Wednesday night but the last two night the PVP servers are empty, just cannot find anyone to play online. Is there a reason for this?

me problem....

Message 6 of 22 (18,381 Views)

★ Novice

I have been having the same problem too... for several weeks. 

Have changed the region ping multiple times have tried a heap of multiplayer modes as well as searching for garden ops games still nothing.. it enters the game and then waits for players to join.  

The Community Hall games cannot be played as it throws my plant into the hall and just waits for players to join... eventually i get "ousted" for inactivity... So no rainbow stars for me. 

Why Can't PC gamers connect to the Xbox Gamers servers - same game and more players so we wouldn't have to wait for players???? 

Wish this could just be fixed! Game is getting pretty boring waiting for players!!

Message 7 of 22 (18,366 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Having the same problem on the ps4. For the people I speak to they are so fed up with the hefty lag that they are playing off line or changing to other games. A few months ago every GW2 online game would be full now 4 or 5 a side is a good turn out. Such a shame :-(. 

Message 8 of 22 (17,713 Views)

★ Novice

I have this problem too, i go to play multyplayer, and then it finds a sever, then i wait for players forever and none join, the only sever that works is turf takeover.

Message 9 of 22 (16,096 Views)

★ Novice

Also whats odd is that PVZ GW 1 still has fully working and full severs

Message 10 of 22 (16,091 Views)