Re: Freezes in multiplayer

by EA_David

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Freezes in multiplayer

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi,

I am having issues with freezes while multiplayer games. Don't know if it would happen in singleplayer also because I haven't touched it since I played through it last year. The game simply shows a freeze frame, then tearing occurs for a friction of a second and the game stops working. The freezes I encounter, that I know for sure, are caused by the AMD graphics driver, I know that through the event viewer of Windows. I tried reinstalling (with proper uninstallation before) the driver more than once and it did not fix the problem. Has anyone had a similar issue and knows how I can solve the problem? My system is:

Ryzen 7 1700X

16 GB DDR4

Asus Prime X370-Pro

AMD Radeon R9 280X

I am thankful for every hint you can give me.

Message 1 of 10 (875 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Well, it's the damn slideshow in Windows 10... If you have a folder selected where your wallpapers are in and it constantly changes them, it causes the game to crash... When deactivated, the game works just fine.

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (751 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Alkcair Hi, can you start with a repair? Right-click the game panel to choose this option in Origin. Once this runs, please check again. If the issue does persist, can you try a level or 2 of the campaign as a test? It'd be interesting to see whether the crash is happening there too. 

Cheers. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 10 (858 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Refund? Do you mean the repair function in Origin? I tried that and checked afterwards. Singleplayer just works fine, no problems with it after 1.5 hours. But the multiplayer still crashes sometimes.

Message 3 of 10 (842 Views)

Community Manager

I did indeed mean "repair" I've edited it out now, and I've suitably chastised my autocorrect. 

I'd be interested to see if you have any crash reports in your reliability monitor for your MP crashes.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc722107(v=ws.10).aspx

You may also want to see if there's any change to stability after tomorrow's patch

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 10 (833 Views)

★ Apprentice

There are indeed reports about the crashes but they only show the driver that crashed, like in the Event Viewer. Nothing mentioned about Titanfall 2. I think it really is a driver problem...

Spoiler

Beschreibung (description)
Aufgrund eines Hardwareproblems ist Windows nicht mehr voll funktionsfähig.

(Due to hardware failure windows is not working properly anymore)

Problemsignatur
Problemereignisame: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 141
Parameter 1: ffffba05a8e9b010
Parameter 2: fffff804238ef640
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 1d08
Betriebssystemversion: 10_0_15063
Service Pack: 0_0
Produkt: 256_1
Betriebsystemversion: 10.0.15063.2.0.0.256.48
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031

Weitere Informationen über das Problem (Further information about the problem)
Bucket-ID: LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_atikmpag.sys
Serverinformationen: 48afd192-64e0-452d-bfca-e364dc97d8bd

Message 5 of 10 (826 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you. Can you check for any updates to your copy of Windows and if there's one available can you check if this has any effect on the stability? If the issue persists, can you try running the System File Checker and see if it finds any problems?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/instantanswers/bd832f07-1420-0c14-d2a5-0a5a24ba40be/using-system...

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 10 (822 Views)

★ Apprentice

I used the sfc command, it found nothing. I checked for Windows Updates, found one but it doesn't make any difference. Let's see what the patch tomorrow holds for me... Maybe it resolves this issue.

Message 7 of 10 (812 Views)

★ Apprentice

Damn... I thought it would just work nice now, buuut just had another freeze... It's so annoying. -.- The Eventviewer again says, it's the fault of the AMD driver... Maybe I should ask over there since the problem definitely doesn't lie at Titanfall 2. Thanks for your kind help nonetheless, David!

Message 8 of 10 (794 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for the update, I'm sorry to hear that the issue persists. Once you get this cleared up I'd be interested to know what went wrong. 

Cheers and good luck!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 10 (787 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Well, it's the damn slideshow in Windows 10... If you have a folder selected where your wallpapers are in and it constantly changes them, it causes the game to crash... When deactivated, the game works just fine.

Message 10 of 10 (752 Views)