Fall Patch Nvidia SLI Patch Flickering Megathread

by Carbonic

Original Post

Fall Patch Nvidia SLI Patch Flickering Megathread

[ Edited ]
Hero

As I've seen enough threads now I've made this collection thread so the forum isn't flooded with identical threads.

First:

carbonic signature

Message 7 of 24 (8,357 Views)

BF1 flickering graphics since fall patch

★★ Novice

After installing the fall patch, I experience flickering of all ingame menues. Also on most of the maps show the same flickering, making it extremely straining to play on them.

My specs are:

i5 4690K

Windows 10

Nvidia drivers 375.76

2x GTX 670 in SLI

If It turn off SLI, the flickering goes away. This problem was introduced by the fall patch.

I need the SLI configuration to achieve playable fps.

Please investigate the issue.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 24 (8,533 Views)

BF1 flickering since update running 2 video cards

★★ Novice

bf1 is flickering since update has to do with sli running 2 gtx 970 if i disable sli problem stops only has started since bf1 update running newest drivers from today still not fixed

Message 2 of 24 (8,446 Views)

Re: BF1 flickering graphics since fall patch

★★★ Newbie
I have the same issue. I'm running gtx1070sli and I still get flickering with sli mode. Nvidia released new drivers this morning and still I am getting the issue. Come on guys we need a fix, in future, Don't fix something thats not broken
Message 3 of 24 (8,439 Views)

Re: BF1 flickering since update running 2 video cards

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Due to Dice screwing up my SLI (even after manual fixes I did in every update with BF4) I quit this, and hoped for better things in BF1 (new chance) ... but ... same sh*t again. If I could, I would request a refund. I am running SLI for several years now and absolutely no other major studio s*cks that badly with this technology.

Using PNY GTX 1080 XLR8 SLI with Driver 375.95 ... so this Nvidia driver did not fix anything on this issue for me.

Message 4 of 24 (8,399 Views)

Re: BF1 flickering graphics since fall patch

★★ Novice

Same....

1070 SLI

I7

Win 10

32GB ram

unplayable due to flickering...

Message 5 of 24 (8,368 Views)

Flickering on multi GPU system

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello all!

After installing Fall 11/15 patch in-game dynamic effects starts to flicker (like constantly turning on and off). You can see how it looks in this video (not mine). Before update all was perfectly fine.

I have contacted online help and used all their recommendations (like updating driver, setting performance mode fro my GPUs, recovering game, deleting local info) but none of them worked.

During advertising program EA claimed that BF1 will support multi GPU system, and in fact such support were provided before Fall update. I realise that its ther will be no revert to previous version (as balance changed + only small percentage of users has two or more GPU) and I hope that fix will be rolled out as soon as possible.

To prevent some questions:

- I'm not using DX12 (as its doesn't utilize SLI in BF1 at the moment)

- Has latest 375.95 driver

- Before FALL update all was just fine

- dxdiag and msinfo reports attached

- NVIDIA guys claims thats a game issue, proof

My specs:

i7 6700k, 2x980 SLI, 16GB, 3440x1440, Win10 x64

I'm open for any recommendations. If dev team already working on this issue and you can't advice anything - please provide rough estimation for fix. People should feel your attention and silence in such situations separates game company and its customers.

Cheers, Andrew

P.S. All who have similar problem join me here or here

Message 6 of 24 (8,362 Views)

Re: BF1 flickering since update running 2 video cards

★★ Novice

Mine is also still flickering with the 375.95 update.

Message 8 of 24 (7,375 Views)

Re: Fall Patch Nvidia SLI Patch Flickering Megathread

★★★ Newbie

I am in the same boat. SLI GTX 1080 nonstop flickering or textures not loading at all. Re-installed, repaired file, cleaned up local files, etc and no go. This is so frustrating after having spent $150+ on this game and way more than the average person on my PC. It's too late to request a refund now and I am ready to just uninstall this game and come back in 6 months once they have (hopefully) fixed everything and have a smooth playable game. Feels like they released an untested unfinished product. So disappointing. 

Message 9 of 24 (7,318 Views)

Re: Fall Patch Nvidia SLI Patch Flickering Megathread

★★★ Novice

Battlefield 1 was   fantastic   game  before  the  fall patch  to just   ask  people to  turn off  sli as a  fix is not  good, many like myself invested  a lot of money in sli  and 4k and  widescreen monitors 3440 x 1440 , and  cant  play  the  game  at  such low FPS it is  now  the  27/11/2016 and  still no  fix  to  the problem , some one  said  that EA had  said  that  you dont  support  sli or crossfire i and many  others  purchased  the  game on the  beta  test  which ran  sli  smooth. please  fix  the  problem,  i had  151 hours  played  before  the  patch and only 1 hour after ,

Message 10 of 24 (6,428 Views)