Failed to Retrieve Data: XB1

by rnelson7722

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Failed to Retrieve Data: XB1

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I've done everything I can think to do.

-I called Microsoft to make sure I was all right with them.

-I've been in contact with EA Help on the phone and on Twitter.

-I called my ISP (Xfinity,) and I have had 3 new modems in the last week. I had them put a new port in my apartment.

-I've tried wired to the 2-in-1 router/modem, and I've tried IPv4/6 wireless.

-I've tried a bridge mode.

I've used port forwarding,

-Lowering the firewall,

-And setting up a DMZ.

-I've power cycled so many times that I'm not even sure it's not going to negatively affect the hardware.

-I even bought a new Xbox One (S) to make sure it wasn't my system.

-I've removed and reloaded the gamertag,

-Uninstalled/reinstalled the game,

-Cleared my Alternate MAC Address,

-And cleared the persistent storage.

-I've cleared local saves,

-I've run UO Trace

-I've run speed tests ad nauseum.

I'm running 11-15ms Ping, 113-136mb/s download, and 8-10 mb/s upload. I keep getting a "Failed to retrieve data; please try again later" message on my HUT, on EASHL, and on Online Versus. I can get in every once in a while, but it's continuing to either a) kick me off of the EA Servers, or b) give me a new error code with a "failure to retrieve data; please try again later." The same thing happens in Battlefield 1, Madden NFL 17, and Rory McElroy's PGA Tour. I don't know what else to do.

If anyone knows what else I can do, PLEASE let me know... I'm at my wits' end, and I'm getting really upset.

EDIT: Upon further review of the issue, I seem to be having a problem with my entire connection, EA is just the most sensitive because the connection is the weakest. This is an ISP issue, I believe.

Message 1 of 8 (2,949 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Failed to Retrieve Data: XB1

★★ Novice

@rUnotENTERTAlND wrote:

Just EA's games ??

did you try a trace route??to check for packet loss?

did your IP do a signal test?

are your cables good??

good luck!!

I did do a trace route, I had no packet loss. My IP did do a signal test, the only suggestion that they have (after I posted this yesterday) is that they may need to run a new line from the box to my apartment.

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (4,489 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

Just EA's games ??

are your cables good??

good luck!!

Message 2 of 8 (2,912 Views)

★ Guide

can you try your xbox at a friends?

sounds like an intermittent signal issue...

if its just EA could it be a ORIGIN link issue?

Message 3 of 8 (2,911 Views)

★★ Novice

@rUnotENTERTAlND wrote:

Just EA's games ??

are your cables good??

good luck!!

I did do a trace route, I had no packet loss. My IP did do a signal test, the only suggestion that they have (after I posted this yesterday) is that they may need to run a new line from the box to my apartment.

Message 4 of 8 (4,490 Views)

★ Guide

welp... "they may need to run a line"

that says it all...i hope it works out for you,at least they acknowledge an issue.

Message 5 of 8 (2,888 Views)

★ Apprentice
I've homemade to EA Mmultiple times over the last month for the exact same issue, only to be told "this is new" please post on the forums so the development team can see this is a new issue because other people do not experience this issue.

No NHL HUT OR ONLINE VERSUS IN OVER A MONTH. And they can't do a thing...
Message 6 of 8 (2,858 Views)

Failed to retrieve data 2017

★ Novice
For months now I've been getting the "failed to retrieve data" error when I try to play online on NHL 17. All types of online play have not been working. I've literally done everything to fix it and nothing has worked. I've called ea, Xbox, and my internet provider. They all just point fingers at eachother. All ports are forwarded, nat is open, factory rest on Xbox and router, tried both wired and wireless connection. It worked fine for the first 2-3 months the games was released but hasn't since. What's changed? Please help
Message 7 of 8 (2,736 Views)

Re: Failed to retrieve data 2017

★ Guide

Change from Rogers to bell!!

the hitron modem is * * *.

If you look into these forums you will see i HAD the same issue....and today i swathed to bell and now i can play HUT /VS 

oh i should have asked if you are with rogers....but i know you are.

you could try going wireless to xbox,that worked for me.

also rogers has a new modem....it may help if available in your area.

you could try a third party router and bridge the hiltron...i have heard this works.

the issue is HUT/VS are ipv4 and your router is not playing nice with it.....EASHL is ipv6 which you should be able to play.

good luck

Message 8 of 8 (2,665 Views)